Aren’t fancy folds fun? I sure think so. Today, I’ll be sharing my Z-Fold Climbing Roses card. An added plus is the coloring technique. It’s a simple watercolor wash on Shimmery White card stock. So quick and easy, you won’t believe it.
WOW, right? The jumping off point for my Z-fold Climbing Roses card was the color combination. I love bright vibrant colors, so I chose Blackberry Bliss, Grapefruit Grove, Mint Macaron and Whisper White. The designer series paper comes for our Nature’s Poem collection. One sheet is more beautiful than the next.
Did you know that Shimmery White cardstock will hold up to watercolor wash techniques? The paper is thicker and has a coating, so no pilling! Not only that, you get the added plus of having shimmer built in.
Whoever you decide to gift this card to will want to display it. That’s what makes the z-fold such a popular fancy fold. You can get one card from a sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ card stock. You’ll even have a couple scraps left over.
I’m loving our Rectangle Stitched Framelits. That was the perfect die to pull from my stash to cut the sweet sentiment.
The inside panel of my z-fold still has lots of room for you to write a message and sign your name. Would you like to create one? Guess what I have for you. Yep, another FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Main Card Base – Blackberry Bliss CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- Inside Z-Fold Base – Blackberry Bliss CS – 3 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″
- Mats – Grapefruit Grove CS – two @ 4″ x 2 1/2″, one @ 5 1/4″ x 4″ and one @ 4″ x 3 1/4″ . The 4″ x 3 1/4″ mat run through the Big Shot with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder.
- DSP Mats – Nature’s Poem DSP – two @ 3 3/4″ x 2 1/4″, one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 1 3/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Flowers and Leaves – Shimmery White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Trellis – Blackberry Bliss CS – 2 1/4″ x 5″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 2″
I just know you want to create one just like this. Need some supplies? I would so very much appreciate you shopping my online store.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!