I’m over the moon excited to share my WOW Team Holiday Card Swap. Each time Stampin’ Up! launches a new catalog, we swap. Seems like I say this every time, but, I’ll say it again. My beautiful WOW Team, of very talented artists, has knocked it out the park.
Sit back, relax, grap a cuppa and enjoy!! You’ll want to CASE lots of the designs from my WOW Team Holiday Card Swap. Because each card is a little work of art, they are absolutely fabulous. There are fancy folds, lots of layers and a surprise re-make, of one of the cards, at the end of this blog post.
It’s almost Fall y’all!!
New Team Member, Darlene Torres, designed this beautiful card. Can you believe it? It’s her first swap with the WOW Team! I love her rich color palette and the use of the gorgeous Gilded Autumn Specialty Desiger Series Paper. Darlene even embossed the Brushed Metallic CS with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. I love her attention to detail. I feel a CASE coming on. I need a thank you card today.
Certainly, by now, if you’ve been following me, you know I love the Autumn season. And how fun and happy is this card, designed by team member, Denise Walker. Denise used the Autumn Greetings Bundle.Those little punkins’ are too stinkin’ cute. Denise used the the gorgeous sample in the catalog to launch her design. She made it her own using a Cinnamon Cider card base with a Pumpkin Pie die-cut mat. Even more detail was added with the embossed sentiment and Wink of Stella.
Ready for some Christmas inspiration?
Team member, Paula-Kay Bourland designed this gorgeous card using both the Dove of Hope and Beautiful World Bundles. As a result, I would call that a marriage made in heaven. These two bundles compliment each other so much. Paula-Kay used the clear embossing powder technique on her sentiment. Did you know you can use any color ink with clear embossing powder? Yep, just be quick before the ink has a chance to dry.
And yet another stunning card with the Dove of Hope bundle. This one was designed by team member, Tonia Cooley. Tonia incorprated the yummy Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper on the dove. In one word, STUNNING! She also used an inking technique with the snowflake embossed panel. Likewise, on the inside of the card, she used the same technique. I love the way she hand cut the sentiment, adding even more attention to detail. Do you see a pattern here?
This one is the first of a few fancy folds. Designed by team member Helene Hebert, we’ve got a flip-fold using the Best Plaid Builder die with the Joyful Holly stamp set. Because the Joyful Holly set is a two-step set, I’m sure it was easy for Helene to fill in all those holly leaves and berries, quick and easy. That lovely sentiment comes from the For Unto Us set. That’s a great one for the inside greetings as well. Helene’s plaid background was created using three layers; Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White and her signature Vellum CS. Ready for yet more fancy folds?
Another gorgeous design, this time, by team member Molly Downing. This fabulous easel fold was created with the Sweetest Time Bundle. Most noteworthy, you’ll love the Sweetest Borders Dies. That’s what Molly used to cut that fun holly border. There’s also a cute candy cane border die in the set. Molly too, used the clear embossing powder technique on her sentiment. My team is always looking for ways to “step things up a notch”.
Not only did team member, Lisa Lepine create an easel fold, but she added the book fold technique as well. Lovely, right? I’m so happy Lisa decided to use the Peaceful Nativity Bundle, it’s the perfect Christmas card to celebrate the reason for the season. Her selection of World of Good and Ornate Garden DSP, is perfection! Coloring with Stampin’ Blends finished off the scene to really make things pop.
This was my contribution, a sweet peek-a-boo card. I published a detailed blog post and video tutorial a few days ago. If you missed it, here’s the link. Ok, are you sitting down? Last, but not least, we have a fantastic diorama card, designed by team member Nancy Sanders. Nancy’s card will be featured in my video tutorial this time. I loved CASEing her beautiful design. Hope you will too!
WOW!!!! Nancy used the diorama fold to showcase her Christmas scene in the background and that fabulous poinsettia as the star. Using elements from the Poinsettia Petals bundle, Nancy created a one-of-a-kind work of art. She incorporated elements using silver foil, vellum, metallic mesh ribbon, and so much more. The two lovely designer series papers, Snowflake Spendor and In Good Taste added just the right touch.
Nancy even took the extra step to emboss the window sheet with the new Winter Snow Embossing Folder. Want to see how to create this one? Be sure to watch to the end of the video and I’ll go through it for you, step by step. You’ll be creating in no time flat.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – two @ 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, cut the window from one. You will have a 1″ border all the way around.
- Accordian Folds – Thick Whisper White CS – two @ 5 1/2″ x 3″, scored on the 3″ side at 1/2″, 1″, 1 1/2″, 2″ and 2 1/2″.
- DSP Mats – Snowflake Splendor DSP – 5 3/8″ x 5 1/2″ and In Good Taste DSP – 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″. Create the window in the In Good Taste mat. You will have a 1″ border all the way around.
- Back Mat – Thick Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Large Tree Lined Mat – Soft Sea Foam CS – 5 3/8″ x 5 1/2″, embossed with the Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing Folder. Fussy cut the top edge.
- White Hill Landscape – Thick Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the die from the Home Together set.
- Landscape w/Trees – Mint Macaron CS – 5 1/4″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the die from the Home Together set.
- Church – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the die from the Snow Globe Scenes set. Color the background for the windows with the Light Daffodil Delight Blend.
- Sentiment – Thick Whisper White CS – 3/4″ x 4″, punched with the Lovely Label Pick a Punch. Stamp in versa mark, sprinkle with Silver Embossing Powder and heat set with the heat tool.
- Poinsettia and White Sprigs – Thick Whisper White CS – 4″ x 7″, cut with the dies from the Poinsettia set. Spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist.
- Silver Sprigs – Silver Foil – two @ 1 1/2″ x 4″, cut with the dies from the Poinsettia set.
- Vellum Sprigs – Vellum CS – two @ 1 1/2″ x 4″, cut with the dies from the Poinsettia set.
- Window – Window Sheet – 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, embossed with the Winter Snow Embossing Folder.
- Ribbon – Metallic Mesh – about 20″
- Embellishments – Beaded Pearls, Rhinestones and Pearls
WOW Team Holiday Card Swap – Diorama Card by Nancy Sanders
If you’re looking for a team to join, we would love to you. Then you too can join in fabulous card swaps like this one. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!