It’s WOW Team Challenge Time! For the month of June, I challenged my WOW Team to use any of the 2020-2022 In Colors. And boy oh boy, did they do just that. Today’s card was designed by WOW Team Member, Helene Hebert with As You Wysh Card Designs.
Gorgeous, right? Helene incorporated not only one of the beautiful new in colors, but lots of texture, interest and a couple techniques. Since she is the winner of June’s WOW Team Challenge, I’m CASEing her card today. Here’s my version. You’ve got to give this one a try. I had so much fun.
Helene used some tone on tone stamping with the new Misty Moonlight in color on the base mat. She stamped that with the Textured Essentials stamp set. That set is a must-have. It will create lovely texture and interest in any of your designs.
Coloring the beautiful flower was easy, using the Stampin’ Blends in Misty Moonlight and Seaside Spray. I couldn’t resist adding a little Wink of Stella as well.
Helene is known for her use of Vellum cardstock in her designs. Because the die set has couple of sweet little flowers, she used that to add some embellishments.
I’m not sure how Helene finished off the inside of her card, but I’ve added that gorgeous flower. This time, 2nd generation with a sentiment on top.
One of the perks for winning the WOW Team Challenge is that I feature the card design on my YouTube Channel. I had so much fun CASEing Helene’s card. Here’s all my tips and tricks. Hope I did her beautiful card justice.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mat – Misty Moonlight CS – 4″ x 4 1/4″, stamped with the new Misty Moonlight in color with the stamp fro Textured Essentials.
- Accent Band – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 5 1/4″ and Misty Moonlight CS – 2″ x 5 1/4″. The Misty Moonlight is embossed with the Seabed 3D Embossing Folder and inked with Misty Moonlight.
- Oval – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 4″, cut with the die from Layering Ovals.
- Scallop Oval – Misty Moonlight CS – cut with the die from Layering Ovals and embossed with the Seabed 3D Embossing Folder and inked with Misty Moonlight.
- Large Flower – Whisper White CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, stamped in Misty Moonlight. Color the image using Stampin’ Blends in Misty Moonlight and Seaside Spray. Highlight with Wink of Stella. Die cut the image with the die from the Flowering Dies set.
- Ornate Frame – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the die from Ornate Layers die set.
- Vellum Flowers – Vellum CS – 1 3/4″ x 2 1/4″ – cut three sets with the dies from the Flowering die set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 1″, punch two opposing ends with the Detailed Trio Punch. Misty Moonlight CS – 2 1/2″ x 1 1/8″.
- Inside Mat – Misty Moonlight CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamped Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, punch all corners with the Detailed Trio Punch. Stamp the large flower with 2nd generation Misty Moonlight. Stamp the sentiment in 1st generation Misty Moonlight.
- Ribbon – 1/4″ Seaside Spray Metallic – 8″
- Bling – Elegant Faceted Gems – five clear
In Colors WOW Team Challenge – Helene Hebert’s Card Product List
So, what did you think about the in colors challenge? Showing off my team and their designs is one of my favorite things to do. Helene’s card was a pleasure to CASE. Hope you enjoyed it, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!