Ready for the WOW Card Sketch #3? Card sketches are a great way to get your mojo perculating. Why not start a WOW Card Sketch binder. It can be a great reference guide. Missed the first two? No worries, click here for #1 and #2.
For my entry in the sketch challenge, I wanted to show the versatility of the Layered with Kindness stamp set. You can find that one on page 41 of the new 2020 Mini Catalog. This set has so many great features. First off, it’s a DistINKive set. That means lots of texture in one stamping motion. Second, the set coordinates with not one, but two new punches. Third, it’s fabulous for cards, tags and gift boxes.
Did you notice I mentioned a challenge? Yep, you can enter your card for a chance in my prize drawing. Visit my WOW NOLA Creations Facebook Page and post your entry in the comment section of this month’s challenge. Good luck, can’t wait to see your creation.
I LOVE texure, interest and layers. Embossing folders are the easiest, most cost effective way to add those elements to your projects. Stampin’ Up! has a fabulous selection, both in the Annual Catalog and some great new additions in the 2020 Mini. I’ve used both the Tin Tile and Subtle 3D Embossing Folders, perfection!
I know, you’re asking yourself, where did those flowers and leaves come from. Those are from one of my new favorite die sets, Cherry Blossoms. A number of the dies both cut and emboss at the same time.
By using some of the other stamps in the Layered with Kindness set, I stamped both the inside card mat and the envelope. I love how this turned out. I’ld love to share with you how I created this card.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Petal Pink CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Pool Party CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Tin Tile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Focal Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ and Parisian Blossoms Specialty Designer Series Paper – 3″ x 3″
- Banners – Cherry Cobbler CS – one @ 1″ x 4 1/4″, one @ 1 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ and Petal Pink CS – 3/4″ x 4″. Dove tail one end of each banner. Emboss with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Scallop Circle – Pool Party CS – 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the largest scallop circle from the Layering Circle dies.
- Circle – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the largest circle from the Layering Circle dies.
- Flowers – Petal Pink CS – 1 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut three with the dies from the Cherry Blossoms Dies. Ink the edges in Petal Pink.
- Flower Centers – Cherry Cobbler CS – 1 1/4″ x 2 1/2″, cut six with the dies from the Cherry Blossoms Dies.
- Leaves – Pool Party CS – 1 1/2″ x 2 1/4″, cut one set each of the large, medium and small leaves with the dies from the Cherry Blossoms Dies. Ink the edges in Pool Party.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Envelope – Whisper White
- Pearls – three large
- Champagne Rhinestones – two small
Layered with Kindness – WOW Card Sketch #3 Product List
Let me know what you think about the WOW Card Sketch series. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!