First, sorry I’ve been a little MIA. I caught some respiratory bug and have been sick for 2 weeks. I’m finally starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks to all that sent so many get well wishes. They meant the world to me. Getting back into the swing of things though, I experienced a little loss of mojo. Yes, it happens to me too! But, I always know that I can get things back on track with a WOW Card Sketch.
A card sketch is a quick and easy way create cards in a flash. I would love to start a new series on my blog and YouTube channel. But, I need your help. Would you like to see a WOW Card Sketch series? Is this something you would find helpful? Leave a comment and let me know. I used this sketch to create three different styles. Today, let’s dive into my Gather Together Fall inspired card.
Once I drew the sketch, got all my dimensions nailed down, my next decison was a theme. Mine was Fall and a season of thanks. What better set than the Gather Together bundle. The #1 rule in using a sketch, don’t get stuck on making the WOW Card Sketch to literal. It’s only a guide.
You can see here that I turned the focal image in order for it to meet my needs and use of my “pretties”. Those leaves are over the top gorgeous. The dies in the Gathered Leaves set cut and emboss at the same time. I spritzed my Pretty Peacock card stock with a little Champagne Shimmer Mist, then ran it through my die cutting machine. Instantly you get a great embossed and sparkly image.Gotta love that!!
Because I wanted to finish off the inside of my card, I added a Very Vanilla mat and went to stampin’. That’s what we do best, right?
Then, by using my WOW Card Sketch, I pulled that gorgeous Come to Gather designer series paper and cut my mats. If you guys know me at all, you know I love rich Fall colors. My color palette is Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Merry Merlot and Pretty Peacock. Choosing Very Vanilla for my neutral, tied everything together.
Want to see how quick and easy this card comes together? I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube Channel. Be sure to hit the “bell” when you do. By doing that you’ll get notifications when I upload a new creation.
I’ve got a challenge for you. Create a card using my sketch, post it in the comments on my WOW NOLA Creations Facebook page for a chance on my prize wheel. The prize up for grabs is the Winter Knit 3D Embossing Folder. I can’t want to see your creations.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Print off or refer to my WOW Card Sketch #1
- Card Base – Early Espresso CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Mat – Early Espresso CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- DSP Mats – Come to Gather DSP – three @ 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, ink the edges in Merry Merlot
- Stitched Label – Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/2″ x 4″, scut with the die from Stitched Nested Labels.
- Embossed Leaves – Pretty Peacock CS – 3″ x 3 1/2″, spritz the card stock with Champagne Shimmer Mist, cut with the dies from Gathered Leaves.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 2″ x 2″, cut with the die from Ornate Frames.
- Large Leaf & Sentiment Frame – Cajun Craze CS – 5 1/2″ x 3″, stamp the large leaf in Cajun Craze, cut the leaf image with the die from Gathered Leaves. Cut the frame image with the die from Ornate Frames. Either spritz or highlight the frame edge with wink of stella.
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the wheat, first and second general in Cajun Craze. Stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso.
WOW Card Sketch #1 – Gather Together Card Supply List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!