Have you ever participated in a card swap. It’s so much fun and you get great ideas. I participated in a Demonstrator New Catalog Card Swap recently. The Woven Heirlooms set is just so beautiful, I decided to highlight that set and the coordinating Woven Threads DSP. Making multiples with just one package of designer series paper tends to intimidate some crafters. So, I wanted to show you all that it is possible.
I had to create 24 cards total for this challenge, 21 to swap, one for me, two for my video and blog. I accomplished all that with one 1/2 sheet of three patterns of the DSP. I’ll say that was maximizing my supplies.
Using a couple of the new in-colors, Terracotta Tile and Seaside Spray brought me so much joy. It uplifted my creative spirit to use new colors. And that’s just two of the gorgeous new in-colors we will have to play with for the next two years.
The beautiful Woven Threads DSP is the pack of paper you want to add to your list if you want to play with the in-colors right first thing. It contains a little bit of each of the new in-colors. Isn’t that fantastic?
And if you know me, you know I love grunge, texture and layering. The Woven Heirlooms set includes two grunge stamps and I’ve used the larger image on the inside of the card. Come along with me in today’s video tutorial where I’ll show you how easy it is to put this one together.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Seaside Spray CS – 8 1.2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″, embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.
- Focal Mat – Sahara Sand CS – 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″
- Vertical Mats – Terracotta Tile CS – three @ 1 3/8″ x 3 1/4″
- DSP Mats – Woven Threads DSP – 1″ x 3″, three, one each of the three patterns.
- Sentiment – Stitched Circle – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 3″, cut with the die from Stitched Shapes. Scallop Circle – Terracotta Tile CS – 3″ x 3″, cut with the die from Layering Circles.
- Butterflies – Whisper White CS – 1″ x 4 1/4″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
I would love to earn your business and invite you to shop my online store.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!