Hooray, it’s World Card Making Day!! It’s not too late to get in your craft room and #makeacardsendacard for someone special. Handmade cards are unique, one of kind, treasures. The cards reinforce how much one person loves another. On this World Card Making Day, set aside some time to give a part of yourself. Your creation will be cherished and kept forever.
For my World Card Making Day card, I used the First Frost bundle. It’s not just for Christmas and I really wanted to show the versatility of this set. I needed a swap card for my WOW Team Swap, It’s Fall Y’all was the theme and I thought this would be a great opportunity to shake things up and use this set. Choosing my color palette was the first step. Warm colors speak Fall to me and so I chose Cajun Craze,Crushed Curry and Blackberry Bliss with hints of all things copper.
The absolutely fabulous DSP background is from the Frosted Floral Specialty pack. Talk about yummy!! This DSP has a shimmery, frosted look.
Look at all that texture on the roses. And it’s so easy to do. Just ink, stamps and paper and you’ll look like an artist. The beautiful copper accents were created with the sprig die from the First Frost set. The Seasonal Layers Thinlits have so many fantastic dies, but I was drawn to that gorgeous leaf. I cut two of those for this design.
When choosing the sentiment for my World Card Making Day card, I knew I wanted something that spoke to thanks and being grateful. I knew we had just the right words with the lovely sentiments in Country Home.
To me, a really special card isn’t complete until you’ve dressed up the inside. It’s another little something that you can add to your card making to make the recipient feel truly special.
I just love this card and I hope the person that will be receiving it will know how much they mean to me. Stamping the envelope will even make the postman take a second look and admire the gift I’m sending to my friend.
My World Card Making Day card has lots of layers and may look a little intimidating to some. But, no worries, I’ve published this FREE video tutorial in case you want to create that special someone a WOW card.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Gray Granite – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- DSP – Frosted Floral Specialty DSP – 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3 1/4″ x 2 1/2″, stamped in Blackberry Bliss with the stamp from Country Home. Rich Razzleberry CS – 3 1/4″ x 2 1/2″. Both pieces cut with the die from the Merry Christmas Thinlits.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″. All images are from the First Frost set. Stamp three large roses in Crushed Curry, 2 large roses in Cajun Craze, 2 small roses in Cajun Craze and 3 accent flowers in Blackberry Bliss. Die cut all with the dies from the Frosted Bouquet Framelits.
- Leaves – Joyous Noel 6″ x 6″ Glimmer Paper – Copper – 3 3/4″ x 2 1/2″, cut two leaves with the die from Seasonal Layers.
- Sprigs – Joyous Noel 6″ x 6″ Glimmer Paper – Copper – 6″ x 1 3/4″, cut three sprigs with the die from Frosted Bouquet Framelits.
- Inside Accent Band – Frosted Floral Specialty DSP – 3/4″ x 4 1/4″. Stamp the spring st and 2nd generation in Cajun Craze.
I’ll bet you’re itching to create one of these cards. If so, I would appreciate you shopping my online store for any supplies you might need.
Thank you so much for joining me today. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!