Hooray!! It’s finally Spring here in New Orleans!! Time for a Spring Card. Today was a glorious day, blue skies, no humidity, and wonderful sunshine. I even picked some roses from my garden and planted my Sweet Basil today. Can’t wait to make my first batch of Pesto. Ok, back to card making. Can you tell I have Spring Fever? Don’t you just love the look of the embossed vellum on this card? The texture, richness and subtle delicate look screams Spring to me.
The Floral Romance Specialty Vellum is the star of this Spring Card. I chose the Petal Pink sheet and ran it through the Big Shot with the Lace Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Oh my goodness, ti turned out so lovely.
The embellishments in the suite are elegant. The Petal Pink/Whisper White 5/8″ Variegated Ribbon has been so popular. Don’t miss adding a roll to your stash.
Unfortunately the dies in the suite are no longer available, but as an alternative, you can use the dies in the First Frost set to die cut some leaves and sprigs. Did you notice that gorgeous rose. It’s an old rose from my garden. No hybrids for me, I love the old rose look and them smell so lovely.
I’ve even filmed a video tutorial for you. My Spring card is pretty quick and easy, but I’ve got a couple of tips and tricks to share with you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Petal Pink CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mat – Floral Romance Specialty DSP Vellum – 3 3/4″ x 5″, run through the Big Shot with the Lace Embossing Folder.
- Accent Band – Floral Romance DSP – 5 1/2″ x 1″ and Whisper White CS – 1″ x 5 1/2″, cut one edge with the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from Wonderful Floral Framelits. As an alternative you could cut an oval with the Stitched Shapes Oval Die.
- Leaves – Mossy Meadow CS – 3 1/4″ x 1 3/4″, I used the die from Wonderful Romance, as an alternative you could use the die from First Frost.
- Springs – Petal Pink CS – 3 1/2″ , 1 1/4″, I used the die from Wonderful Romance, as an alternative you could use the die from First Frost.
- Fussy Cut one leaf image from the Floral Romance Vellum
- Pearl – One, medium
- Floral Romance Seal – One
- Ribbon – Petal Pink/Whisper White 5/8″ Variegated Ribbon – about 10″
If you need any supplies, I would appreciate you business. Just click any of the items below to begin your shopping cart.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!