Good day, everyone! Today’s post is all about gift giving presentation. Need a quick wine bottle gift giving idea? This wine bottle cover is the perfect solution, complete with a sweet little tag created with the Half Full stamp set. The hexagon shaped wine cover will fit a standard 750 ml bottle. I know what you are thinking, looks complicated. Well, it’s really easy and I will share with you how I created this one. It’s not my original idea, there are other tutorials out there for this project. But, with Stampin’ Up!’s introduction of the Half Full stamp set, I thought my next wine gift needed a fabulous cover.
To complete the project, you will only need three pieces of card stock. Can’t get any easier and cost effective than that. First, grab a sheet of 12×12 card stock to create your wine cover. I chose Tangerine Tango because I thought it would coordinate great with the color of most wine bottles. Next, trim a piece of Very vanilla card stock to 9″ x 7 3/4″. You will make your own background paper by randomly stamping over the entire sheet. I chose the Flourishing Phrases stamp set from our Annual Catalog. The set has a gorgeous flourish along with lots of lovely sentiments for all types of occasions.
Last, but not least, you’ll need a 4 1/4″ x 3″ piece of Very Vanilla card stock to create your tag. I stamped mine in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, stamped the image from the Half Full set and yes, I did fussy cut the image. The cluster of grapes were colored with the Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist Stampin’ Write Markers. No gift is complete without a beautiful bow. The stunning Berry Burst Crinkled Seam Binding is soft, easy to tie and really brought in the wine color to the project. Can you tell, I’m a “red girl”.
Need a visual on the scoring, no worries, I’ve published this tutorial on my YouTube Channel.
Wasn’t that easy? Want to create one for your next gift to that special someone? Here’s how the magic happens.
- Container – Tangerine Tango CS – 12″ x 11″, on the 12″ side score at 2″ and 10″. Turn 90 degrees and on the 11″ side score at 1 3/4″, 3 1/2″, 5 1/4″, 7″, 8 3/4″, 10 1/2″. On the same side, score small notches only at 7/8″, 2 5/8″, 4 3/8″, 6 1/8″, 7 7/8″ and 9 5/8″.
- Fold and burnish all score lines with your bone folder. Trim the container as shown in the video above.
- Decorative Strips – Very Vanilla CS – 9″ x 7 3/4″, in Cajun Craze ink, randomly stamp the entire piece of card stock with the flourish from Flourishing Phrases. After stamping, place in trimmer with the 9″ side at the top. Cut six strips at 1 1/2″, keeping them in order so that when you assemble the wine container, you will have a continuous pattern. Ink the edges of each strip in Cajun Craze.
- Adhere the strips to the wine container cover with wet glue.
- Punch 1/4″ holes in each of the triangle shaped tabs at the top of the wine container.
- String the ribbon and tie a bow.
- Tag – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 3″, in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, stamp the image from the Half Full set. Coloring the cluster of grapes with the Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist markers. Fussy cut the image. Punch a 1/4″ hole in the center top and string a piece of very vanilla baker’s twine. Secure the tag to the bow.
If you need any of the supplies I’ve mentioned, I would appreciate you visiting my online store.
Stay tuned, in my next post, I’ll be creating the matching card to complete your gift giving presentation. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!