Hi, Guys! Did you know that the Welcoming Window bundle carried over to the Annual Catalog? I wanted to create a “welcome to the neighborhood” card, but New Orleans style. Have you ever visited New Orleans? If so, you’ll recognize the vibrant color palette on today’s card. The houses in the city are filled with eclectic architectural elements and a rainbow of colors.
I’ve used the Welcoming Window bundle to show off those design elements. This was a fun card. Do you have a distinct architecture in your neck of the woods? Try replicating that with today’s layout. Here’s just a sampling of what we enjoy in New Orleans.
I consider myself lucky to have these unique color palettes surrounding me each and every day. Doesn’t it make you smile? Since, you’ve seen my inspiration, let’s get back to today’s little project.
By using the dies in a few different ways, I’ve mimicked some of the elements from the houses. Things like the corbels and pavers were created with the dies for the windowsills.
The number of stain glass windows in the city is astonishing. Someday I hope to have a little cottage with a front door that includes some of that beautiful, colorful glass.
Hope you join me for a moment or two to see this little happy, New Orleans style card, come together.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Bermuda Bay CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Highland Heather CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Bard 3D Embossing Folder
- The following elements are cut with the dies from the Window Flower Box set.
- Corbels and Pavers – Basic Gray CS – 4″ x 3 1/4″
- Window – Basic White CS – 2 1/4″ x 2 3/4″, stamped in Tuxedo Moments ink
- Shutters – Bermuda Bay – 2 1/4″ x 3″
- Windowsill and Shutter Brackets – Basic Gray cS – 1 3/4″ x 3″
- Plants – Basic White CS – 3″ x 3 1/2″, stamp the greenery in Pear Pizzazz and the flowers in So Saffron and Poppy Parade
- Pots – Poppy Parade CS – 1 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- Sentiment – Basic White CS – 1 1/2″ x 2″, cut with the die from the Stitched So Sweetly set.
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, from the Brushed Blooms set, stamp the sentiment in Bermuda Bay and the “swoosh” in second generation So Saffron
Welcoming Window New Orleans Style Card Product List
Ready to visit New Orleans to see this architecture in person? I think you’ll enjoy every minute of our culture, food and hospitality. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!