What a fabulous idea, a beach themed wedding card with the Friends are like Seashells bundle. My WOW Team Member, June Hay, designed this beautiful card for our monthly Team Challenge. She also highlighted a great technique using Stampin’ Blends and Window Sheets.
At first look, I thought June had used our Vellum card stock for her sentiment. But no, I was wrong. She used a window sheet. Once you’ve applied the blends, spritz with 91% rubbing alcohol. You’ll be surprised at the lovely fluid look you’ll achieve.
Be sure to let your masterpiece dry throughly before adding your sentiment. For me, I knew I wanted my sentiment to have some texture. Black embossing powder to the rescue.
Next, I needed to tackle the sand dollar and all those fibers. It’s super easy to pull the threads from the Fine Art Ribbon. And that’s just what I did.
The backdrop for the card is of courses an embossed mat of Very Vanilla. By using the Seashells 3D embossing folder it added to the whole beach theme. Time to finish off the inside of the card with a little masking technique and of course a little more stamping. A wedding card just wouldn’t be complete without a congratulations!
Want to learn these techniques? I’ve got you covered in today’s FREE video tutorial. Don’t forget to thank June in the comments for such a lovely design.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Soft Suede CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mats – Very Vanilla CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″. Emboss one with the Seashells 3D embossing folder
- Sentiment – Window Sheet – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, once you have completed the Blends technique, die cut with the Stitched So Sweetly die. ** Note: In the Video I used the dark Misty Moonlight and dark Balmy Blue blends. However, the Balmy Blue blends are retired. Sorry about that. You can substitute with dark Pool Party.
- Stamped Images – Very Vanilla CS – 2″ x 5″, stamp the sand dollar in Soft Suede and the sea grass in Balmy Blue. Die cut all images with the dies from the Seaside Seashells die set.
- Envelope – Very Vanilla
- Ribbon – Fine Art – one @ 8″ and one @ 6″
- Opal Rounds – 5 medium
Wedding Card with Friends Are Like Seashells Product List
I think June did a fabulous job with her wedding card. What do you think? Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!