I’ve got an oldie, but goodie, technique for you guys today. It’s the wax paper resist technique. Grab your favorite embossing folders, a sheet of wax paper and your iron. Yes, you know that thing you use to get the wrinkles out of your clothes. We’re going to use it in a fun way instead.
Because I created my wax paper resist technique on Shimmery White Card Stock, my card is nice and sparkly. That card stock holds up to techniques, especially those with water. But, today it’s all about our embossing folders.
Isn’t that gorgeous flower from the Prized Peony set the perfect addition to this card. Coloring with Stampin’ Blends was also pretty quick and easy.
I know, you’re asking, how did you do that? Let’s break it down. First heat up your iron to the highest setting, but no steam. Next, cut 2 pieces of Shimmery White Card Stock. Why, two? Because with the wax paper resist technique you can create two mats at once. Emboss your piece of wax paper and then sandwich it in between the two pieces of card stock. Enclose the sandwich inside a piece of aluminum foil and iron away. It will only take about 10 seconds or so to melt the wax and transfer the pattern.
Now you’re ready to roll on your color of choice. Today, mine is Rococo Rose. It’s a fabulous dusty rose, and works well with vintage designs.
By using both the dark and light Rococo Rose Stampin’ Blend, it’s very easy to create shadows on this gorgeous peony. I stamped everything on this card in Basic Gray. That’s a very classic color combination. Watch how easy the wax paper resist technique comes together.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mats – Basic Gray CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Technique Mat – Shimmery White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Flower – Shimmery White CS – 4 1/4″ x 3 1/2″, color with blends and die cut with the die from the Peony set.
- Sentiment Accent – Basic Gray CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the die from the Ornate Frames set.
- Sentiment – Shimmery White CS – 2 1/2″ x 2″, cut with the die from the Ornate Frames set.
- Envelope – Very Vanilla
- Pearls – Metallic Silver – 3
Wax Paper Resist Technique Product List
Hope you give it a try. Let me know what you think. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!