Welcome! Today’s Vintage Magnolia card shows off the gorgeous In Good Taste designer series paper. All the neutral patterns in this paper stack are perfect for the vintage style. Not to mention, during the month of October 2020, it’s on sale!!
Many times, I’ve been asked, how do you decide on a color palette. Well, this time, I searched Pinterest for shabby chic images. Because I wanted to have, what I’ll refer to as a soft dusty palette, I knew I wanted a little blue in there somewhere. Pool Party was that perfect shade.
Now that I had a color palette, I just started pulling die sets from my stash. I needed a flower that would make a statement, but wouldn’t steal the show. The Magnolia Memory die set has a number of images you can combine to make your very own handmade flowers.
By cutting two of the large and one of each of the smaller images, from Whisper White cardstock, my flower started to take shape. Inking it lightly in Pool Party added the vintage look.
After choosing two patterns from the In Good Taste DSP, I roughed up the edges with the blade of my paper snips. I love that look.
My vintage magnolia card really started to come together when I began adding all the pretties. Incorporating bits of linen thread, pearls and Champagne Shimmer Mist ticked all my vintage style boxes.
The sentiments in the Good Morning Magnolia set were the finishing touch.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Pool Party CS – 6″ x 12″, scored @ 6″.
- DSP Mats – In Good Taste DSP – pattern #1 – 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ and pattern #2 – 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″, rough up the edges of both mats with the blade of your paper snips.
- Accent Labels – Rococo Rose CS – 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and Gray Granite CS – 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the dies from the Ornate Layers die set. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray.
- Vines & Leaves – Soft Sea Foam CS – 2 1/4″ x 11″. Cut the vines with the die from the Birds & More set. Spritz the vines with the Champagne Shimmer Mist. Cut the leaves with the dies from the Magnolia Memory die set.
- Flower – Whisper White CS – 6 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ and Gray Granite CS – 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Magnolia Memory die set.
- Butterflies – In Good Taste DSP – punch three images with the Butterfly Duet punch.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″, punch the edges with the Detailed Trio punch. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray.
- Inside Flowers – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the images in Smoky Slate. Color with the Pool Party and Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blends. Die cut with the dies from the Magnolia Memory die set.
- Pearls – 9 small, colored with the Dark Pool Party Stampin’ Blend. 3 Large
- Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets – 1 large frosted
- Linen Thread – 36″
Vintage Magnolia Product List
Can you tell that I LOVE creating in this style? It makes me so happy. I hope you enjoyed it too. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!