Welcome! So glad you stopped by today. I’m excited to share my Vintage Daisy Lane card with you. It’s filled with lots of tips and tricks and of course techniques. It’s amazing what you can do with stamps, inks and paper. Join me, so I can show you how to create this Vintage Daisy Lane card.
Things for this one started out with a color palette of So Saffron, Mint Macaron, Very Vanilla and a little Shaded Spruce and Soft Suede. After I spied the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder, I knew I wanted to incorporate a vintage vibe. And there you have it, my Vintage Daisy Lane creation.
By using just stamps, ink and paper, I created the background for the fabulous 3-dimensional daisy. I’m so excited that we now have two sizes in the daisy punch. This new one is called the medium daisy and you can get the Daisy Lane bundle with a 10% discount. Woohoo!!
Layers, upon layers, upon layers of vintage goodness here. And nothing says vintage more than roughing up the edges of your paper. It’s easy and adds so much texture.
Masking off the smaller floral images to add the stem was the key to having the stem recede and the flower come forward. One rule of thumb to remember when masking, whatever you stamp first, will come forward after the mask is removed. So, First – Forward!
And what better way to finish off my Vintage Daisy Lane card than by bringing the happiness inside the card. Now, let’s see, how many techniques do you think I used? I would love to share this process with you through my FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – So Saffron CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Mint Macaron CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, rough up the edges with the blade of your paper snips
- Stamped Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″. Be sure to view the video for all the stamping tips and tricks. Here is the ink legend for the images. Fern – 1st and 2nd generation Mint Macaron, Sentiment – Soft Suede, Small Flowers – So Saffron, Stems – Shaded Spruce. Fun through the die cutting machine with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder, rough up the edges with the blade of your paper snips. Lightly ink the edges in Soft Suede.
- Daisy – Very Vanilla CS – 3″ x 11″, stamp two large images in So Saffron and one medium image in So Saffron. Punch with the coordinating punch.
- Butterfly – Very Vanilla CS – on the scrap above, stamp the small butterfly from Butterfly Wishes in Soft Suede, punch with the Butterfly Duet punch.
- Leaves – Shaded Spruce – scrap – punch two leaves with the leaf punch. Ink the edges in Soft Suede, twist with tweezers to create texture.
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″, stamp the ferns in Mint Macaron, the flower in So Saffron and stem in Shaded Spruce.
- Linen Thread – about 30″
Need some supplies, be sure to visit my online store. Remember, for every $25 in your order before tax and shipping, you earn a WOW Customer Loyalty Point.
Hope you see you again soon, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!