Welcome! I’m so excited to share my Vintage Butterfly Brilliance card. It is my first, but definately not my last, card featuring the Butterfly Brilliance bundle from Stampin’ Up!. This card was created for our WOW Team Card Swap. Wait until you see all the other fabulous cards my team created.
Butterflies bring a message of positivity and hope. Sometimes seen as a good omen, it can also be a message from your guardian angel. When a butterfly visits you, it can also be seen as a symbol for some new beginnings in your life. What do butterflies mean to you?
Don’t you just love it when Stampin’ Up! offers an early release. The Butterfly Brilliance bundle will be in the upcoming 2021-2022 Annual Catalog. Because it’s an early release, you can begin ordering March 2, 2021. However, the gorgeous Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper and the Natural Touch Specialty Paper are offered on a “while supplies last” only basis. Those two will not be in the Annual Catalog. Download the flyer with the all details here. Butterfly Brilliance Flyer
What do you do if you want all the butterflies? That’s easy, use the large die in he Brilliant Wings die set and cut out an entire sheet of butterflies in various sizes. Not only that, the die set includes six detailed dies to coordinate with the solid images.
My vintage Butterfly Brilliance card is filled with lots of elements and techniques. I love including lots of interest in my designs. This one is no exception. First, I knew I wanted to use the Lacy Petals dies to compliment the Brilliant Wings dies. I think it’s a little marriage made in heaven.
To give the flowers a little more of a vintage feel, I’ve added some touches of the Gilded Leafing. It’s an easy technique that packs a big WOW factor.
By adding two floral clusters to the card, it balances out the large butterfly in the center.
It’s hard to capture the sparkle in the vellum detailed butterfly, but I did apply wink of Stella. In person it is very dramatic. The Butterfly Brilliance stamp set doesn’t have any sentiments. But that’s okay, it gives you the opportunity to pick from any of your other sets to choose that perfect sentiment.
I’m very excited to teach you the techniques and tips in my vintage Butterfly Brilliance card.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Bermuda Bay CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 4 1/4″. Punch the bottom two ends with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Mat – Basic Black CS – 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″, punch all corners with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Frame – Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 6″, nest the largest die in the Ornate Layers set with the 3rd to largest die in the Stitched Rectangles die set.
- Butterfly – Butterfly Bijou DSP – cut with the die from the Brilliant Wings die set.
- Mat in the Frame – Butterfly Bijou DSP – 4 3/4″ x 3 3/8″
- Detail Butterfly – Vellum CS – 2″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the die from the Brilliant Wings die set.
- Flowers – So Saffron CS – 2 3/4″ x 5″, cut with the dies from the Lacy Petals die set.
- Leaves – Mint Macaron CS – 5 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut 2 images using the die form the Forever Flourishing die set.
- Sentiment – Basic White CS – 1″ x 3″
- Accent Leaves – Forever Gold Laser Cut Paper
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, punch the corners with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Inside Butterflies – Butterfly Bijou DSP – fussy cut
- Matte Black Dots – 2. large
- Gold Glitter Enamel Dots – 3 large
Vintage Butterfly Brilliance Product List
Very soon I’ll be sharing all the cards my WOW Team created with this stunning bundle. Stay tuned, you won’t want to miss it. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!