The new Vine Design bundle in the Stampin’ Up! Jan-June Mini Catalog was calling out for some love. Best way to highlight that fabulous bundle is with a few techniques. Wait until you see what I’ve done with the Gilded Leafing. I think you’ll love it.
If you are a little bit of a technique junky, I think you are really going to enjoy today’s project. There’s a little gilded leafing, background stamping, dry embossing and little touches of glitz here and there.
First thing first, have you swooned over that die cut yet? The Vine Design bundle has a fabulous set of dies that contain not one, but three intricate dies. Each one has a different shape, but they are all lovely.
By applying versa mark on the die cut, then sprinkling it with Heat & Emboss Powder, I has able to create a sticky surface for the gilded leafing. That stuff is magic. And the one pot will last you a long time. This is just the first idea I’ve had, but I’ve got so much more to share with you.
You can even stamp with versa mark, apply the heat and stick and voila you’re able to gild that as well.
Because the Vine Design bundle has four different sentiment dies, you’ll be pulling this one from your stash over and over again. Watch how easy it is to work with the Gilded Leafing.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Basic White CS – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored @ 4 1/4.
- Mats – Gray Granite CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed/Stamped Mat – Seaside Spray CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, stamp the background in Seaside Spray and then emboss with the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder.
- Inside Stamped Mat – Basic White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Sentiment – Calypso Coral CS – 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, flag both ends. Basic White CS – 1 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, stamped in Early Espresso. Die cut with the die from the set.
- Flowers – Basic White CS – 2″ x 3″, stamped in Calypso Coral and cut with the die from the set.
- Sprigs – Old Olive CS – scraps – punch 6 tips with the Sprig Punch.
- Focal Image – Thick Basic White CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the set. Apply versa mark, sprinkle with heat and stick, set with a heat tool. Apply the gilded leafing and burnish.
- Envelope – Basic White – stamp in Seaside Spray
- Champagne Rhinestones – 3 large
- Forever Greenery Ribbon Pack – cording, about 12″
Vine Design with Gilded Leafing Product List
Wasn’t that fun? Stay tuned I’ve got another technique up my sleeve. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!