This card is just my style, Very Vintage. I just love everything about this one, the distressing, layering, embossing, designer paper, and on and on and on. That gorgeous Very Vintage Stamp Set is a Host Set. Contact me today to set up a hostess code for your friends to use when ordering so you can earn the Very Vintage set for FREE!
I was lucky enough to take part in a card swap and I chose the Very Vintage set as my inspiration. The swap was a tic-tac-toe challenge. You had to pick three elements, in a row, in the chart and create your card. My three elements were birthday, flower and designer series paper. What do you think? Did I achieve my tic-tac-toe?
The Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper pack had just the right color combination for this Very Vintage card. I used Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Smoky Slate and Mossy Meadow. I even threw in a little Highland Heather for good measure.
I used a little coloring technique on my focal image to soften things up. Our fabulous Blender Pens are the perfect tool to achieve the look. Let me show you how in this video tutorial.
I love to finish off the inside of my cards and this one is no exception. The sponging on the edges is perfect with the “broken” doily image.
I sure hope my card is a hit at the swap. I can’t wait to share with you what everyone else creates.
I would love to share with you how the magic happens.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat: Mossy Meadow CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, distress on all edges
- Embossed Mat: Smoky Slate CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, emboss with the Tufted TEIF, distress on all edges
- Designer Paper: Petal Promenade – one the larger floral frames, distress on all edges
- Foliage Accent: Blushing Bride CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from Foliage Frame Framelits
- Focal Image: Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from Layering Ovals
- Rose: Blushing Bridge CS- punch one 1 3/8″ scallop circle and Mossy Meadow CS 3/4″ x 1 1/2″ cut with the die from Sweet Cake Framelits
- Sentiment: Whisper White CS – 2″ x 3″, cut with the die from Stitched Labels Framelits
- Inside Mat: Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamp the large floral image onto the Whisper White CS in Smoky Slate ink. Cut the image with the Layering Oval Framelit. Color the image as shown in the video. Ink the edges in Smoky Slate.
- Stamp the Bee on a scrap of Whisper White CS in Smoky Slate Ink. Color the image as shown in the video and highlight the wings with Clear Wink of Stella.
- Stamp the “Happy Birthday from Detailed with Love set in Smoky Slate Ink. Cut the image with the Stitched Label Framelit.
- Stamp the sentiment on the inside mat in Smoky Slate Ink. Stamp one of the “broken doilies” in the upper left and lower right hand corners. Ink the edges of the cardstock in Smoky Slate and the doily images in Highland Heather.
- Tear the edges and Ink the DSP in Smoky Slate.
- Ink the Foliage Frame in Smoky Slate and highlight with the wink of Stella.
- Create the spiral rose as shown in the video. Ink in Smoky Slate ink. Adhere the leaves and pearl to the center.
- Wet glue the smoky slate mat to the mossy meadow mat.
- Wrap a 6″ piece of the Whisper White Polka Dot tulle to the center of the mat. Secure on the back with scotch tape or a glue dot.
- Adhere the mat to the card front with wet glue.
- Pop the DSP rectangle to the card front.
- Cut the foliage in half and wet glue to the back of the focal image.
- Pop the focal image to the card front.
- Pop the Happy Birthday sentient to the card front.
- Create a bow with the Whisper White Tulle and secure with a glue dot.
- Adhere the rose to the center of the bow with a few glue dots.
- Pop the bee to the focal image.
- Wet glue the inside mat to the inside of the card.
Here’s a supply list that links to my online store in case you need any supplies to complete the card. Thank you for shopping my store, I appreciate your business.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!