We all have those friends who are there through thick and thin. Why not celebrate that friendship with this cute Under My Umbrella card? Because I combined that set with the sweet Little Ladybug set, it was super easy to create a sweet friendship scene.
I know, I know, it’s just too stinkin’ cute. What makes it even sweeter is, beginning February 4 through March 31, 2020 you can purchase the coordinating dies for your Little Ladybug stamp set. But, right now be sure to add the Under My Umbrella bundle to your shopping cart. Add a few Stampin’ Blends to reach the magic $50 order and choose a FREE Level 1 Sale-a-Bration item. Woohoo!!!
First off, we need a little rain for our scene. That’s easy, just random stamp the raindrops with the stamp from the Under My Umbrella set in versa mark. Sprinkle the images with white embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Next, we need a little color. Create a wash with your aqua painter and Costal Cabana ink. Voila!
With so many cute stamps in the Under My Umbrella set, you can create sweet little scenes inside your card as well. I’m really diggin’ those boots. In Louisiana, we call those white boots, shrimp boots. If you live in Southeast Lousiana, chances are you have at least one pair.
I think you guys know by now, I love the new Stitched So Sweetly dies. They have fast become a staple in my stash. I teach so many classes and cut so many kits, I’m thinking about getting an additional set. That’s how much I love them and hope they stick around for a while.
One of the best parts about the Under My Umbrella bundle is that it’s paired with a punch. I used that to punch out the umbrella. But, I didn’t have to stamp the image. Why? Because, beginning February 4th, we will also have a new designer series paper pack, Pleased as Punch. You’ll want to pick up multiple packs of this one. The images coordinate with not only the umbrella punch, but the heart and tulip punches as well.
Are you smiling yet? This card just makes me so happy. Let me show you how easy it is to create.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Coastal Cabana CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″. Run your embossing buddy over the surface. Random stamp the raindrops in versa mark. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and set with the heat tool. Once cool, watercolor wash with Coastal Cabana ink.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/2″. Stamp the sentiment in Coastal Cabana. Stamp the boots and flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color the flowers in Dark So Saffron, leaves in Light Granny Apple. Color the trim on the boots in Light Bermuda Bay. Punch one of the 1/2 open umbrellas from the Pleased as Punch DSP.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Stamp the sentiment in Coastal Cabana and die cut with the Stitched So Sweetly die. Stamp two ladybugs and two umbrella handles in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color the ladybugs with the Stampin’ Blends; Dark Real Red, Dark So Saffron, Light Petal Pink, Basic Black Combo, and Light Smoky Slate. Die cut the ladybugs. Highlight with the Wink of Stella.
- Umbrella – Pleased as Punch DSP – punch one umbrella with the Umbrella Builder Punch.
- Flower – So Saffron CS – 1″ x 1″ – cut with the die from the Ladybug die set.
- Grass & Flower Stem – Granny Apple Green CS – 2″ x 4″, cut four grass images and one stem image with the dies from the Ladybug die set.
Under My Umbrella Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, untile next time, Create Something Beautiful!