I am over the moon excited to share today’s project with you. First of all, be sure to check out the Tropical Oasis Suite on pages 38-40 in the Stampin’ Up! Mini Catalog. It’s going to put a smile on your face, because the colors are just plain happy!
During the Easter break my husband and I will be joining our son, daughter-in-law and two beautful grandchildren on a 7-day Hawaiian Cruise. I’m giddy with excitement. When I saw the Tropical Oasis Suite, I knew I wanted to create a sweet pillow gift for them. As a result, my easel box card came to life. And here it is.
Ok, tell me you just didn’t smile. I love everything about this project. The colors are bright and cheery and the stamped images remind me of Hawaii. Finally, it’s got a little drawer for me to fill with treats.
Because the Tropical Oasis Designer Series Papers are so beautiful, it took me a few minutes to decide on which pattern to use. Certainly, one sheet is more lovely than the next. But, I really like the way the birds of paradise peek through behind the palm trees.
Above all, I wanted to create lots of texture on the box. For that reason, I cut some Daffodil Delight mats and embossed them with the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder. And that Braided Burlap Trim, well, let’s just say I’ve got another bolt on my next order.
Coloring the flower was really quick and easy. Stampin’ Blends to the rescue. Not only that, I was able to change the color of our basic pearls to Real Red to really make the flower centers pop.
And how in the world could we go on our Hawaiian adventure without adding a little aloha greeting. I cut one from Real Red and one from Whisper White. Then I glued them together, offsetting slightly. To top it off, I made sure to cover the surface with by Wink of Stella Pen.
Adding this sweet back panel gave me a chance to leave the kiddos a message. Want to create one? Here’s my video tutorial to teach you how.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Drawer – Soft Suede CS – 6″ x 6″, scored on all sides at 1″.
- Drawer Wrap – Soft Suede CS – 4 1/8″ x 11″, scored @ 1 1/8″, 5 1/4″, 6 3/8″, and 10 1/2″.
- Easel Card – Soft Suede CS – 4 1/8″ x 8 1/4″, scored @ 4 1/8″ and 6 1/4″
- Easel Panel – Soft Suede CS – 4 1/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Daffodil Delight Mats – three @ 3 7/8″ x 3 7/8″.
- DSP Mats – Tropical Oasis DSP – three @ 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Daffodil Delight Embossed Mats – two @ 1″ x 4″ and four @ 7/8″ x 3 7/8″, embossed with the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – one @ 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and one @ 4 1/4″ x 3″
- Back Panel – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2″
- Aloha Die Cut – Real Red CS and Whisper White CS – one in each color, 1″ x 3″
- Small Flowers – Daffodil Delight CS – 1″ x 1 1/4″
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – 1″ x 2″
- Braided Trim – 8″
- Pearls – three
Tropical Oasis Easel Box Card Product List
Hope you give one a try. If you do, would love to hear from you. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!