Aloha! I’m in a tropical state of mind creating all the projects and goodies for my 2018 Tropical Chic WOW Team Retreat. The bundle in our Annual Catalog was sending me Tropical Vibes!! Oh my, the colors in this suite, Blushing Bride, Granny Apple Green and Shaded Spruce, are just down right relaxing.
Have you seen the suite on page 121? There is a fabulously yummy stack of designer series paper, Tropical Escape. It’s a 6×6 format pack with forty-eight sheets. You can create lots and lots of cards, treat holders, and even accents on scrapbook pages. There is even some Tropical Elements that are stinkin’ cute.
The focal image along with the flowers and tropical leaves were created with dies from the set. I love the way Stampin’ Up! products all coordinate. Finishing off the inside of the card was quick and easy because the Tropical Chic set has not only beautiful tropical images, but sentiments as well.
I can’t wait to show my card to my Team Members and create along side them this week. It’s going to be so much fun. Stay tuned, I’ll bet I’ll have a recap post coming soon.
To really make the flowers pop, I highlighted them with wink of Stella and colored those cute little pearls with the Light Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blend. Those alcohol markers come in so handy. Here’s my FREE video tutorial so that you can create one of these too.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Blushing Bride CS – 4 ¼” x 11”, score at 2 ¾” and 8 ¼”
- Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 2 ½” x 4”, Basic Black CS – two @2 ¼” x 3 ¾” and Tropical Escape DSP – two @ 3 ½” x 2”
- Focal Image – Granny Apple Green CS – 3” x 3” and Tropical Escape DSP – 3” x 3”
- Leaves – Tropical Escape DSP – 4 ¼” x 1 ¾”
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 ½” x 1 ¾” and Shaded Spruce CS – 2 ¾” x 1 ¾”
- Flowers – Whisper White CS – 2 ¾” x 3 ½”
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 ¼” x 4”
- Sentiment– On the Whisper White CS stamp the sentiment in Shaded Spruce
- Flowers – On the Whisper White CS stamp the three flower images in Blushing Bride
- Inside Mat – On the Whisper White large mat stamp the sentiment at the top in Shaded Spruce and the accent band at the bottom in Granny Apple Green
- Color three pearls with the Light Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blend.
- Die Cutting:
- Die cut the sentiment with the layering oval framelit.
- Die cut a scallop oval from the Shaded Spruce CS with the layering oval framelit.
- Die cut the detail image from the Granny Apple Green CS for the focal image.
- Die cut the stamped flower images.
- Using your bone folder crease the card front on the scorelines
- Adhere the inside mat to the inside of the card.
- Adhere the front mats together with wet glue.
- Adhere the front mats to the card front with wet glue.
- Adhere the detail die cut to the 3×3 piece of Tropical Escape DSP.
- Adhere the focal image to the left flap of the card.
- Pop the sentiment to the scallop oval.
- Adhere the sentiment to the focal image with wet glue.
- Adhere the leaves and pop the flowers.
- Adhere the pearls to the center of the flowers
I would appreciate you shopping my online store for any supplies you might need.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!