Welcome! I’ll bet you think this Trophy Card Fun Fold is difficult. Well, I’m here to Gell you it’s really easy. But, what a WOW the recipient will get when they open it. Can’t you just see them displaying this one on a shelf or windowsill.
For my focal image, I’ve used the Country Home set. That set carried over from our Holiday Catalog. It’s a 14-piece photopolymer set. Because it has a great mix of both fabulous images and sentiments, you’ll want to add this one to your collection.
My tip of the day, don’t forget to stamp those envelopes. It makes your card even that much more special. Other ways to step up your envelope would be to line the flap. You could also use one of your embossing folders to emboss the flap as well.
I’ll bet one of your first questions about this card was, “where can I sign it, or add a note”. No problem, there is an entire panel on the back side for just that. And of course the card fits in one of our standard envelopes.
It’s easy to collapse the Trophy Card. Just push gently on the pop up panel and it will slip into the base.
To color my focal image I’ve used a mix of our Stampin’ Blends and Stampin’ Write Markers. We are so lucky that all the colors are consistent and easy to match.
There’s a couple of things I’ve used on this card that you might want to add to your next order. The retiring list will be published on April 15th. Things will go quickly. That gorgeous ruffled Fresh Fig ribbon will be one thing on that list. And usually the DSP from the Annual Catalogs are retired. This one is the Nature’s Poem DSP.
I’ve gotten feedback that you all love my video tutorials. Thank you so much. I’ve filmed this one for you so that you can see how easy this Trophy Card Fun Fold really is.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Grapefruit Grove CS – 4 1/4″ x 10″, score on the 10″ side @ 1 1/4″, 2 1/2″, 3 3/4″, 5″, 6 1/4″, 7 1/2″ and 8 3/4″. Line up the left edge of the cardstock at the 5″ mark on your Stampin’ Trimmer. To cut the slot for the pop-up panel, cut on the 4th scoreline from 5/8″ to 3 5/8″.
- Pop-up Panel – Grapefruit Grove CS – 2 3/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Back Panel – Whisper White CS – 5″ x 2 5/8″, punch both top corners with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- DSP Mats – Nature’s Poem DSP – one @ 5″ x 2 5/8″, and six @ 1″ x 4″
- Focal Image – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the 2nd largest stitched oval from the Stitched Shapes Dies. Stamp the image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Stamp the Hello in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Coloring as follows:
- Watering Can – Bronze Stampin’ Blend
- Artichoke – Tranquil Tide Stampin’ Write Marker
- Large Leaves – Mint Macaron Stampin’ Write Marker
- Small Leaves – Grapefruit Grove Stampin’ Write Marker
- Berries – Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Write Marker
- Cat Tails – Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker
- Butterfly and Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2 3/4″, stamp both the sentiment and the butterfly in Memento Tuxedo Black.Stamp the fill in image for the smaller butterfly in Grapefruit Grove. Stamp the Butterfly body in Memento Tuxedo Black. Punch out the small butterfly with the Butterfly Duet punch. Cut out the sentiment with the Stitched Rectangle die.
- Accent on Sentiment – Blackberry Bliss CS – 4 1/2″ x 1″, apply Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet to the back of the cardstock. Using the die from Petals and More cut out the image.
- Ribbon – Fresh Fig Ruffled – about 24″
- Basic Pearls – 2 small
Here’s a supply list in case you need something to complete this project. I would appreciate earning your business.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!