It’s all about the packaging! At least that’s what I think. Nothing makes a gift more special than taking time to create your own packaging. My beautiful sweet sister will be hosting her WOW Club Night Party this week. I always give my hostesses their choice of project. Kathy wanted a Christmas gift bag and card. The Toile Tidings suite came to mind and I got busy.
This Toile Tidings Suite can be found on page 6-9 of the Holiday Catalog. I knew I wanted to use the cardinal in the design because our Mom loves them. I knew Kathy would want to give her a special gift in a special bag.
Because I embossed the cardinal with our black embossing powder it gave it a rich look. The Dark Real Red Stampin’ Blend was my color medium. Quick, easy but very dramatic. And did you notice, I colored all the way to the edge of the paper. I really like that look for this image.
And that gorgeous wreath was the perfect little “nest” to create for my cardinal. I cut that using the All Around Wreath die set. I cut one wreath in Garden Green and the other in Gold Foil. I just offset them giving them even more dimension and interest.
To highlight the top edge of the focal image I added some foilage cut from with the Beautiful Boughs die set. All the foilage on the bag was inked with the Golden Glitz Delicata Ink. I love the richness it added to those elements.
And every gift bag needs a tag, right? I created mine with the Scallop Tag Topper punch. Adding a little sentiment decorated with the leaves from the Christmas Cardinal dies was the perfect touch. All I needed to complete the gift set was a matching card.
WOW, this card came together very quick and easy. The gorgeous Toile Tididngs Designer Series Paper in the background set the tone for both the card and the bag. You only need one sheet of the 12″ x 12″ to complete both.
Are you ready to create this bag for someone special on your Christmas list. Here’s my video tutorial to teach you how. I would love to hear from you about this project. What do you love or what did you learn?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Gift Bag – I purchase all my gift bags from Paper Mart. This bag measures 8″ x 10 1/4″ with a 4 3/4″ gusset.
- Bag Mat – Real Red CS – 7 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, distress the edges with a distressing tool or the edge of your scissors.
- DSP Mat – Toile Tidings DSP – 7″ x *’, distress the edges with a distressing tool or the edge of your scissors.
- Focal Mat – Early Espresso CS – 4 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ and Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 5″. Emboss the Very Vanilla mat with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder. Splatter the surface using your aqua painter and Early Espresso ink.
- Wreaths – Garden Green CS – 4″ x 4″ and Gold Foil – 4″ x 4″, cut with the die from All Around Wreath set. Ink the Garden Green wreath with the Golden Glitz Delicata Ink.
- Stamped Branches – Very Vanilla CS – two @ 3 1/2″ x 5″, stamp the branches in Early Espresso. Color the leaves with the Garden Green Stampin’ Write Markers and the berries with the Dark Real Red Stampin’ Blend. Color the branch with the Dark Crumb Cake. Die cut the images with the die from the Christmas Cardinal die set.
- Cardinal – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, run the embossing buddy over the card stock. Stamp the image in versa mark, spinkle with the black embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Color the cardinal with the Dark Real Red Stampin’ Blend. Color the beak with the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend. Die cut the image with the die from the Christmas Cardinal die set.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/4″ 3 1/2″, stamp in Early Espresso, cut with the die from the Christmas Cardinal die set.
- Boughs and Leaf Clusters – Garden Green CS – 4 1/4″ x 6 1/2″, due cut one large and one medium bough from the Beautiful Boughs die set. Die cut four sets of the leaves from the Christmas Cardinal die set. Ink all the elements with the Golden Glitz Delicata Ink.
- Leaf Punch – Garden Green CS – punch two sets, twist each leaf with your tweezers. Ink with the Golden Glitz Delicata Ink.
- Flower – Real Red CS – Every Season Punch Pack, punch three of the snowflake images. Spriz with Champagne Shimmer Mist, crumble, then open and allow to dry.
- Berry Sprigs – Real Red CS – 1 3/4″ x 6 1/2″ – cut two using the die from Frosted Bouquet. Spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist.
- Tag – Very Vanilla CS – 2″ x 3 1/2″, punch the top edge with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch.
- Tag Mat – Real Red CS – 1 3/4″ x 2 1/2″
- Tag DSP Mat – Toile Tidings DSP – 1 1/2″ x 2 1/4″
- Tag Sentiment – one each in Real Red CS and Very Vanilla CS – 2″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the die from Ornate Frames. Stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso.
- Ribbon – 14″ Double Stitched Garden Green
- Baker’s Twine – 10″
- Toile Tidings Glitter Dots – Real Red – 1 large and 2 small; Garden Green – 1 small
Christmas Card – How the magic happens.
- Card Base – Real Red CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Garden Green CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Toile Tidings CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Scallop Oval – Early Espresso CS – 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from Layering Ovals.
- Oval – Garden Green cS – 4″ x 3″, cut with the die from Layering Ovals, emboss with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, stamp in Early Espresso. Cut with the die from Christmas Cardinal set.
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso and the branch image in Garden Green.
- Ribbon – 6″ Real Red Ruched
- Toile Tidings Glitter Dots – Real Red – 3 small.
Toile Tidings Gift Set Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!