First of all, it’s the new year. So, we all need birthday cards. The Timeless Tropical bundle, in the Stampin’ Up! Mini Catalog, will definately help you with that task.
Because the die set contains that fabulous pineapple image, you’ll be creating one-of-a-kind birthday cards in no time flat. Maybe you’ll decide to add in a couple of thank you cards while you’re at it!
This one came together pretty quickly. I started off with my color palette of Grapefruit Grove, Whisper White, Old Olilve and Daffodil Delight. Seems like a happy color combo, don’t you think?
The Timeless Tropical Bundle contains a versatile 10-piece cling stamp set and a coordinating 13-piece die set. Purchase the bundle and save 10%. On top of that, you’ll earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration item. But, the star of that die set, in my opinion is that pineapple. Due to the way the die cuts, you have so much texture and interest added to your project.
I used a masking technique to get the leaves behind that gorgeous hibiscus. Rather than color the image, I decided on a simplier look on the inside of the card.
Above all, you know we can’t have any naked envelopes. By using my Stampin’ Write Markers I was able to add color to the small pineapple image. Want to learn that technique as well as the masking technique? I can show you how in this video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mats – Grapefruit Grove CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- DSP Mat – Tropical Oasis Designer Series Paper – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Focal Image – Grapefruit Grove CS – 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, cut with the largest die from the Stitched So Sweetly die set.
- Pineapple – Old Olive CS – 2 1/4″ x 2 3/4″ and Daffodil Delight CC – 2 1/4″ x 2 1/2″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 2 1/2″, stamped in Old Olive, cut with the second to smallest die from the Stitched So Sweetly die set.
- Envelope – Whisper White
- Champagne Rhinstones – three
Timeless Tropical Birthday Card Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!