It’s all about the techniques in this quick and easy card. Break out your Stamparatus and I’ll show you some hinge stamping. That’s the perfect technique to achieve straight and perfect multi-stamping. The sentiment comes from our Accented Blooms set. Center the stamp with the first hinge and you’re all set to go. After that the hinges do all the work. Don’t worry, I’ve got a video tutorial below to show this technique step by step.
Technique #2 is my custom made designer series paper. In the focal image you’ll notice the lovely specialty paper. I created that one with a sheet of our Delightfully Detailed Laser Cut Paper. I’ve got a video here to teach you how to create you own designer paper.
Technique #3 is the all about the ribbon. First, I did use a 5″ piece of our Granny Apple Green 1/2″ Textured Weave Ribbon to wrap around the mats. Then, I cut one of the white edges off a 4″ piece of the same ribbon. I pulled some of the fibers, tied them into a single knot and voila, I’ve got wispy fibers to accent my flower. By the way, the flower was punched from the custom created DSP and inked in Coastal Cabana.
I hope you can see all the shimmer on the green leafy sprigs that accentuate the flower. That shimmer is created with a new product coming in our Holiday Catalog. It’s our new Shimmer Paints. For this technique I put four drops of our Champagne Mist in a Stampin’ Mister and filled the mister with 70% rubbing alcohol. Give it a good shake and spritz away. The shimmer and shine will WOW you. But beware, this technique is a little addicting!
I promised a FREE video tutorial for this quick and easy technique based card. And here it is.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Coastal Cabana CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Stamped Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 5″ x 3 3/4″, hinge stamped in Granny Apple Green with the stamp from Accented Blooms.
- Focal – Granny Apple Green CS – 1 5/8″ x 4 7/8″ and Specialty Created DSP – 1 1/2″ x 4 3/4″
- Flower – Specialty Created DSP – 4″ x 1 3/4″, much 5 images with the Blossom Builder punch, ink the edges in Coastal Cabana
- Leaf Sprigs – Granny Apple Green CS – 4 1/4″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the die from Stitched Seasons
- Flower Center – Scraps from the leaf sprigs, cut with the die from Flourish Thinlits.
- Flower Base – Very Vanilla CS – punch one 3/4″ circle
- Ribbon – 1/2″ Textured Weave Ribbon in Granny Apple Green – 9″
- Faceted Dots – One large black
I would appreciate you shopping my online store for any supplies you might need for this project.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!