Let’s get busy!! Today we’ll be using some techniques with sunflowers. One of my very talented WOW Team Members, Debra Campbell, sent me a card recently. As soon as I opened it, I just knew I had to learn how to achieve the coloring. Here’s the card Debra sent.
Look at all that beautiful texture she created with her Stampin’ Blends coloring technique. It reminded me of a patch of sunflowers I planted a couple of years ago. I should have saved some of those seeds. Oh well, I’m sure I’ll find more soon.
As soon as this card arrived, I wrote Debra and asked if I could CASE her card and feature it here. She was very gracious and gave me permission. So here is my take on Debra’s beautiful techniques with sunflowers.
Because a couple of the products have retired and I didn’t have them any longer, I changed it up a bit. My embossed mat was created with the Bark 3D Embossing Folder. Don’t you just love the way she tore the edges?
I substituted the embellishments with the Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon and the Bumblebee Trinkets. But, if you have any of those little ladybugs left, be sure to color them with your Real Red Stampin’ Blend! That’s what Debra did and I thought it was brilliant.
Of course the star of the show, in my opinion, is the coloring technique. I pulled my Stampin’ Blends in Daffodil Delight, Cinnamon Cider, Calypso Coral and Pumpkin Pie. Then I experimented in blending and coloring. Don’t worry I’ve got a video below so you can follow along.
I sure hope I did justice to Debra’s card. Break out your Stampin’ Blends and I’ll teach you these techniques with sunflowers.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Old Olive CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 41/4″
- Mats – Basic White CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mat – Crumb Cake CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″, embossed with the Bark 3D Embossing Folder. Tear the top and bottom edges.
- Banner – Old Olive CS – 3/4″ x 5″ and Basic White CS – 5/8″ x 3 3/4″, punch one end of each with the Banners Pick a Punch
- Sunflower – Basic White CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the die from the Sunflower die set
- Detail Sunflower – Bumblebee CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, back with adhesive sheet, cut with the die from the Sunflower die set
- Leaves & Flower Center – Basic White CS – 1 1/2″ x 5″, cut with the die from the Sunflower die set
- Leaves Detail – Old Olive CS – 2″ x 4″ – back with adhesive sheet, cut with the die from the Sunflower die set
Techniques with Sunflowers Product List
Let’s give Debra a BIG thank you for sharing this beautiful card with us. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!