I love it when a project serves double duty. Today’s swing fold gift card holder does just that. It’s a Christmas card and a gift card holder all in one. But wait, there’s more! It’s a fancy fold on top of that.
The swing fold has been out there a while. But, this time, we’re going to use that to our advantage. By pulling one side to the right and other to the left, voila you reveal the gift card holder.
Pretty fancy, right? Because I used the Gift Wrapped bundle again today, that stinkin’ cute bow is a quick and easy embellishment for your swing fold.
By adding a little Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and one of the Glitter Star Ornaments, I was able to make this gift card hold a little more special.
Would you like to learn how to create the swing fold? I promise it’s not difficult. You will need a good trimmer with both a cutting and scorring blade.. Psst….. we have a one of the best at a very reasonable price.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Cherry Cobbler CS – 6 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ – to cut, place your paper in the trimmer with the 6 3/4″ at the top. Line up the left edge at 5 1/2″.Cut from 1 1/4 to 4 1/4″. Turn 180 degrees and repeat. Turn to the 5 1/2″ side and line up the left edge at 4 1/4″. Cut from 1 1/4″ to 2 3/4″ and from 4″ to 5 1/2″ . Turn 180 degrees and repeat. Now you are ready to score. Place your paper in the trimmer with the 6 3/4″ side at the top. Line up the left edge at 2 3/4″, score from the top to 1 1/4″ and from 4 1/4″ to the bottom. Turn 180 degrees and repeat.The first score line is a mountain and the second is a valley.
- DSP Mats – Tis the Season DSP – two @ 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ and two @ 1″ x 1″. To cut the larger mats, place the paper in the trimmer with the 51/4 side at the top. Line up the right edge at 1″. Cut from the top to 1 1/2″. Line up the left edge @ 1″ , cut from the top to 1 1/2″. Turn the DSP to the 2 1/2″ side. Line up the left edge @ 1″. Cut from 1″ to 4 1/4″.
- Front Mats – Garden Green CS – 4″ x 2 3/4″ and Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 2 1/2″. Stamp the senitment in Garden Green, more to the upper right. Scatter stamp the stars in Cherry Cobbler.
- Back Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2 1/2″
- Gift Card Holder – Garden Green CS – 4 1/4″ x 1 1/2″, embossed with the Wrapped in Texture embossing folder.
- Bow – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the image in Cherry Cobbler and color with the Light Shaded Spruce Blend. Punch with the Gift Bow Builder punch.
- Envelope – Whisper White
- Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle – 6″
- Rhinestones – 3 small
- Glitter Star Ornament – 1
Swing Fold Gift Card Holder Product List
How many of these do you need for your gift giving? Hope you give it a try. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!