What’s the best Summer treat? Ice cream, of course. It’s cool, flavorful and the possibilities are endless. In the true spirit of summer, let’s stamp a couple of cards with the Sweet Ice Cream set. You’ll be creating “young at heart” themed cards for everyone on your list. There’s even a punch to match the sweet little ice cream cone.
The Sweet Ice Cream stamp set is an 18-piece photopolymer set. But the best part is that there is a coordinating Ice Cream Builder Punch. Because I used Pale Papaya, in the first card, it brought visions of orange sherbet to mind. My Dad loves sherbet and I thought of him the whole time I was creating this card.
I’ll bet you’re asking yourself, how did you create that super cute tag? Don’t miss the Tailor Made Tags dies on page 166 of the Annual Catalog. There are 8 different tag sizes. So, that means you’ve got lots of layering opportunities.
Did you notice that cone is a waffle cone? It was easy to create that texture with the Macrame 3D Embossing Folder.
For my second card, I knew I wanted to create a slimline. That’s all the rage right now. Lots of paper real estate to embellish, layer and add pretty papers to.
Be sure to check out all the cute sentiments in the Sweet Ice Cream set. I think they’ll make you smile.
What could be better than an ice cream cone? Well, three ice cream cones of course. This time I’ve stepped things up a notch by adding a little shine to my strawberry ice cream.
Because I coated the image with clear embossing powder and heated it up, melting the powder, I was able to give the ice cream a shiny finish. One really economical way to embellish your happy cards is with the shaker shapes. The bits are great for shakers, but work great as embellishments too. They are so lightweight, you won’t be adding extra postage.
So, what do you think? Are you ready to create these?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Sweet Ice Cream – Card #1
- Card Base – Thick Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mat – Pale Papaya CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Macrame 3D Embossing Folder
- DSP Mat – Pansy Petals DSP – 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″
- DSP Banner – Pansy Petals DSP – 2″ x 5 1/4″
- Tag – Calypso Coral CS – 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Tailor Made Tags die set
- Ice Cream Cone – Crumb Cake CS, Basic White CS and Pale Papaya CS – scraps of each. Punch with the Ice Cream Builder punch and emboss the cone with the Macrame 3D Embossing Folder.
- Sentiment – Basic White CS – 1/2″ x 4″
- Tag Reinforcer – Pale Papaya CS – Scrap, cut with the die from the Tailor Made Tags die set
- Baker’s Twine – White – 18″
- Loose Flower Flourishes – Pale Papaya – 1 small
Sweet Ice Cream Slim Line Card
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 8″, scored @ 4″
- Mat – Melon Mambo CS – 3 3/4″ x 8 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Pattern Party DSP – 3 1/2″ x 8″
- Stitched Rectangles – Thick Whisper White CS – three @ 2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the die from the Stitched Rectangles die set
- Ice Cream – Crumb Cake CS, Basic White CS and Melon Mambo CS – punch the elements to create three ice cream cones. Emboss the cones with the Macrame 3D Embossing Folder.
- Sentiment – Basic White CS – 1″ x 4″, stamp in Melon Mambo and fussy cut
- Shaker Shapes – 9 Granny Apple Green circles and 5 Polished Pink Hearts
Sweet Ice Cream Cards Product List
Hope you add these to your stash and create some very happy cards for family and friends. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!