One of the best ways to get lots of cardmaking ideas is through my WOW Team Card Swap Mini Catalog. I always host a swap with my WOW Team each time we launch a new catalog. This time was no exception. And wait until you see these fabulous cards.
Because I always want to add even more to my swaps, I’m going to recreate one of the cards at the end of this post. But first, let’s take a look at all these beautiful creations. First up, Klarissa Nightingale and a waterfall fancy fold.
Tropical time and a beautiful card from WOW Team Member, Lisa Lepine. I love the shabby chic look of this card. Lisa used the Timeless Tropical bundle. and the Tropical Oasis DSP. Don’t you just love all that layering? I know I sure do!
On of the most popular suites in the 2020 Mini Catalog has been Peaceful Poppies. Team member, Nancy Sanders, has incorporated elements from both the Painted Poppies and Peaceful Moments bundles in her gorgeous card. The layering and touches of gold foil really make this card shine.
Ready for another fancy fold? This one is not just a card, but a very useful desk calendar and post-it-note holder. Created by WOW Team Member, Tonia Cooley, I think this is super clever. Tonia used those gorgeous papers from the Peaceful Poppies DSP.
The easel feature on this card is fantastic.
Next up, Helene Hebert has knocked it out the park with a unique fancy fold. It’s all about the layers, texture and fabulous stamping. Helene used her favorite Forever Blossoms bundle and the stunning Parisian Blossoms Specialty DSP.
By opening the first layer, you reveal the first of 2 sentiments.
But wait, there’s more. By opening the final front panel you get a second surprise.
Rounding out the 2020 WOW Team Card Swap Mini Catalog, we have Molly Downing. Molly too, has turned to the very popular Peaceful Poppies Suite. By using lots of the die cuts and traditional poppy parade color, she created a card with lots of interest and dimension. Doesn’t that poppy bouquet look real?
For our 2020 WOW Team Card Swap Mini, I thought I would try something new. By adding another feature to the card swap, I hope more of you will give these fabulous cards a try. I’ve placed all participating team member names in a hat. Then I drew a name and set to CASING her card. This time, it’s team member, Molly Downing. But, with a twist, I’ve changed the color scheme.
Be sure to check out my WOW Team Card Swap video so that you can appreciate lots of details in these fabulous creations.
Want to create that sweet poppy card?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Gorgeous Grape CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 4 1/4″
- Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Accent Bands – Basic Black CS – one @ 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and one @ 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- DSP Accent Bands – Lily Impressions DSP – one @ 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ and one @ 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Poppies – Gorgeous Grape CS and Highland Heather CS – one each 3″ x 5″, cut with the dies from the Peaceful Moments die set.
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – 4″ x 3″ and Mossy Meadow CS – 3 1/4″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Peaceful Moments die set.
- Stamens – Basic Black CS – 1″ x 2″, cut with the dies from the Peaceful Moments die set.
- Noble Peacock Rhinestones – 3 purple
Poppy Card – WOW Team Card Swap Mini Catalog Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time. Create Something Beautiful!