Do you love techniques? I sure do and I’ve got one to share with you today. It’s the stencil embossing technique. Here’s a very economical way to create beautiful backgrounds using Stampin’ Up!’s Basic Pattern Decorative Masks. Because the masks are sold in a set of four, you have the opportunity to create four different backgrounds.
First of all, I knew I wanted this card to have a tropical vibe. I should be in Hawaii right now, but (sad face) not possible due to the Corona thingy. Above all, I wanted to include a technique I haven’t tried before, the stencil embossing technique. I broke out my masks, inks and copper embossing powder and went to work.
The color palette is Coastal Cabana, Soft Sea Foam and Mint Macaron. As a result, I was able to really add that tropical look and feel to my background. To begin your stencil embossing, be sure you have a versa mark pad that is juicy. You’ll be applying the ink through the stencil to the paper.
By blending the three colors with my makeup blender brushes, achieving that smooth blended look was easy.
Embossing the flowers, leaves and sentiments really tied things altogether. I even die cut the sentiment accent frame from Copper Foil using the die from Ornate Layers. You gotta add that set your next order. You won’t regret it.
Because the Timeless Tropical set includes that big gorgeous hibicus, I knew I wanted to highlight it in some way. That’s when I decided to stamp it on my inside mat in Soft SeaFoam. Want to learn the stencil embossing technique? Here’s my FREE video tutorial to show you how.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″.
- Mats – Mint Macaron CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Accent Frame – Copper Foil – 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the die from Ornate Layers.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/8″ x 2 1/2″.
- Small Leaves – Soft Seafoam CS and Mint Macaron CS – one each @ 1 3/4″ x 2″, cut with the dies from In the Tropics set.
- Flowers and Large Leaves – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, once stamped and inked, cut with the dies from In the Tropics set.
- Embellishment – Gilded Gems – one large, two small
- Ribbon – Mint Macaron Sheer Linen – about 12″
Stencil Embossing Technique Product List
Hope you order those masks and give this a try. I think you will really enjoy it. Until next time, Create Somthing Beautiful!