Who doesn’t love a fancy fold? The Squash Fold is so easy, you aren’t going to believe it. With this card, I wanted to show you an alternate use with the fabulous Beautiful Boughs dies. Because I paired them with the Gather Together bundle, I was able to achieve a lovely Fall card.
Are you ready? I’m so proud of this card, I sure hope you enjoy it. All you have to do is untie that beautiful Pretty Peacock ribbon, voila!
Wait, don’t say it’s too difficult. Because you know why? It’s not. It’s truly the easiest fancy fold ever. The secret of the Squash Fold is in the diagonal score and fold. Starting off with a piece of Merry Merlot, 8 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″ on both sides. Then to create that diagonal fold, line up the paper, point to point, in the valley of the trimmer. Score that line and you’ll have your Squash Fold.
I think my color palette screams Fall. That’s because I started things off with the Come to Gather Desginer Series Paper. Then to kick it up a notch, I used the new Golden Glitz Delicata Metallic Ink to give those Beautiful Boughs a lovely glimmer and shine.
To finish things off on the inside of the Squash Fold, I added not only a sentiment, but a little focal image. If it’s Fall, it’s got to have pumpkins, right?
Would you like to create a Squash Fold? I’ve made it easy. Here’s my video tutorial. You can follow along step by step.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Merry Merlot CS – 8 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, score on one side at 4 1/4″, turn 90 degrees and score again at 4 1/4″. Place the card base in the trimmer diagonally. Score point to point down the middle of the card stock.
- Front Mats – Cajun Craze CS – 4″ x 4″. Come to Gather DSP – 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, ink the edges of the DSP n Pretty Peacock.
- Inside Mats – Come to Gather DSP – four @ 4″ x 4″. Cut two in half diagonally.
- Card Front Boughs – Pretty Peacock CS – one @ 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ and one @ 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the deis from Beautiful Boughs.
- Pine Cones – Cajun Craze CS – 2 1/2″ x 2″ and Early Espresso CS – 1 3/4″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the dies from Beautiful Boughs.
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – one @ 1 3/4″ x 3″ and one @ 3 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the dies from Beautiful Boughs. Stamp the sentiments in Pretty Peacock.
- Label for Pumpkins – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from Beautiful Boughs. Run through the die cutting machine with the Basket Weave embosing folder.
- Pumpkins – Cajun Craze CS – 2″ x 5 1/2″, stamp the pumpkins in Early Espresso and die cut with the dies from Gathered Leaves.
- Inside Boughs – Cajun Craze CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ and Merry Merlot CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the dies from Beautiful Boughs.
- Ribbon – Pretty Peacock – 16″
- Designer Elements – one – gold
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!