Trick or Treat time! Let’s create a spooky Festive Corners Halloween card. I’ll even add in a few techniques to make this one a little special.
Have you seen the new Water Painters on page 147 of Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Catalog? I LOVE THEM, especially the wide tip brush. Because I used that one, with a little Pretty Peacock ink, it was easy to create a fabulous watercolor wash background.
Another fabulous tool, you might want to add to your stash, are the Basic Pattern Decorative Masks. There are four masks to a package and it’s only $6. You can create lots of different backgrounds with very little effort. I applied my color through the mask with a make-up brush. It blends like butter and you can get them just about anywhere.
Ok that’s two techniques so far. The next one is that ribbon zig-zag added behind the sentiment. The Glittered Organdy Ribbon is a returning favorite and now you can see why. Think outside the box, it’s useful for lots of other designs. It’s not just for Halloween.
Because I cut three of the bats from the Halloween Magic die set, in the new Black Glitter Paper, they added to the design, without being too spooky.
Bringing the stenciling inside the card added to the eerie Halloween feeling. But, the color is soft enough so that you can add your handwritten Halloween joke, quote or message. Want to see these techniques in action? Here you go, another FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Cajun Craze CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mats – Blackberry Bliss CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″, emboss one with the Cobwebs 3D Embossing Folder.
- Focal Mat – Pretty Peacock CS – 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″
- Whisper White CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Accent Sentiment Mat – Magic is the Night DSP – 1 1/4″ x 3 1/8″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from the Stitched Rectangles die set.
- Bats – Black Glitter Paper – 2″ x 1 3/4″, cut with the die from the Halloween Magic die set.
- Inside Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Ribbon – 3/8″ Glittered Organdy Ribbon – 10″
Spooky Festive Corners Technique Card Product List
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!