Welcome! I’ve got something special to share with you. Today’s anniversary card is for my Mom & Dad. Want to take a guess how many years they have been together? Are you sitting down? We are going to be celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary June 1st. Nope, that’s not a typo, it truly is 70 years.
Our family has been very blessed having these two to guide and lead us, setting this true positive example of dedication and love. That’s why today’s anniversary card is a special one. The flowers are definitely for Mom and the more masculine color palette and simplistic structure is for Dad. That’s what marriage is all about, right? A little give and take makes everyone happy and content.
By choosing a monochromatic palette, I think the card depicts classic beauty. Pretty fitting for a 70th anniversary card, don’t you think? To create Mom’s little bouquet, I chose to work with the Cottage Rose bundle.
To make the center flower more 3D, I stamped the image 3 times and cut away petals from two of the images, creating a layered effect. Dad likes simplicity, so the card couldn’t be too fussy. I needed a focal image, and the new Fancy Frames dies did just the trick.
To enhance things a little more, I also cut the large die from the Artistic die set for a backdrop and not too much frill. Using the large leaf die, from the same set, I was able to create all the leaf sets for Mom’s flowers. Nothing left to do, but stamp a little greeting on the inside. I left a lot of room to write a message on this very special occasion.
In my video tutorial, not only will I teach you how to create this anniversary card, but I’ve got lots of tips and tricks along the way.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Basic White CS – 6″ x 12″, scored @ 6″
- Mats – Basic Black CS – two @ 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Silver Foil – 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, embossed with the Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder
- Accent Die Cut – Basic Black CS – 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the largest die from the Artistic die set
- Focal Image – Basic Black CS – 3 1/2″ x 5″, back the CS with adhesive sheet and cut the image with the die from the Fancy Frames die set. Silver Foil – 3″ x 4 1/2″, run embossing buddy over the surface, stamp the sentiment in Versa Mark, sprinkle with black embossing powder and heat set.
- Leaves – Basic Black CS – 3 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the die from the Artistic die set
- Flowers – Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, stamp the flowers in Memento Black. Stamp three medium and three of the larger images. Die cut the images with the dies from the Cottage Rose die set. Dissect the large flower as shown in the video. Run the versa mark pad over the edges of the petals. sprinkle with silver embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Use Wink of Stella in the center of each flower.
- Metallic Mesh Ribbon – 5″
- Matte Black Dots – 3 large
Anniversary Card Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by and allowing me to share the great news. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!