I’m always on the lookout for cute Valentine treats. Well, when I was browsing the Dollar Tree, I came across the cutest little chocolate frog. Immediately, I thought about the So Hoppy Together stamp set in the Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-Bration brochure. That little critter would make a stinkin’ cute So Hoppy Valentine Treat!
OMG, isn’t this the cutest thing EVER? I featured this project on my last Facebook Live. Be sure to join me on Sunday evenings at 7pm (CST) where I share what I love. Everyone that tuned in, asked if I would create a blog post for my So Hoppy Valentine Treat. So, here you go.
Stampin’ Up! is so on trend. There are little frog related items in every store around. Finding my chocolate treat was the first step, then I had to add all the “pretties” to make him special. I needed a frame for this little guy and our new Rectangle Stitched Framelits came in handy. Did you notice the heart he is holding? It reads “Toadilly Yours”.
Because I stamped the frog in Memento Tuxedo Black I was able to use our light and dark Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends to give him some color. It’s really quick and easy coloring.
The Happy Valentine’s sentiment from the Meant to Be set, fit perfectly in the heart. That die cut comes from the Be Mine Stitched Hearts. And all those fabulous leaves were die cut with the Tropical Thinlits set in Granny Apple Green and Shaded Spruce.
Then on the backside of my So Hoppy Valentine Treat I added a tag. I just couldn’t discard the stitched rectangle that came from cutting the window in my frame for the front of the treat holder. You want to create one now, don’t you? Mine are going to my grandchildren. Who’s going to get yours? How about a FREE video tutorial with step by step directions? Here you go!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Treat Holder Wrap – Blushing Bride CS – two @ 10 3/4″ x 4″ scored on the 10 3/4″ side at 1″.
- Template – Vellum CS – 4″ x 9 3/4″
- Frame – Tropical Escape DSP – 6″ x 4 1/2″, cut with the Rectangle Stitched Framelits.
- Red Hearts – Real Red CS – 5″ x 2 1/2″
- White Scallop Hearts – Whisper White CS – 5″ x 2 1/2″
- Leaves – Granny Apple Green CS – 9 1/2″ x 2″ and Shaded Spruce CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Frog and Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 2″
- Mini Hearts – Real Red CS – Scrap
- Tag on the Back – Use the Tropical Escape rectangle cut from the frame. Blushing Bride CS – 3 1/2″ x 2 1/4″ and Whisper White cS – 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
All the details on how to put my So Hoppy Valentine Treat together can be found in the video tutorial. Enjoy!!
Need some supplies? I would very much appreciate you shopping my store. Just click on any item below to begin filling your shopping cart.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!