Welcome Everyone! So excited to share another Christmas card with you today. Even if you don’t live in a area where snow is plentiful, I think you’ll love creating cards with the new Snowflake Wishes Bundle from Stampin’ Up! If you’ve been following me, you know I live right outside New Orleans, LA. And yes, we very rarely have a snowfall. But, for some reason, I’m drawn to everything snowflakes.
Enjoy the splendor of hand-painted imagery in a rich, cool color palette. Get swept away with a flurry of creative projects designed to inspire you. Be sure to check out the Snowflake Spendor Suite. I think you’re going to love it.
To showcase the beautiful large snowflake, I’ve created today’s Snowflake Wishes easel card. In the suite, you’ll find gorgeous Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper. Because I used a mat to back my snowflake, everything is nice and sparkly.
While there were lots of snowflakes in the DSP, I wanted to step it up a notch. Rather than leave the DSP flat, I decided it needed some texture. Embossing it with the new Winter Snow embossing folder did the trick.
Really? How much prettier could you possibly get? Be sure to pop up your die cut to really appreciate the gorgeous glimmer underneath. Then, break out a pack of Metallic Pearls to add even more interest.
The sentiments in the Snowflake Wishes set are lovely. I’ve used two of them to compliment each other in this easel card design.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Balmy Blue CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.
- Easel – Balmy Blue CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- DSP Mats – Snowflake Spendor – one @ 4″ x 5 1/4″ and one @ 1 1/4″ x 4″, emboss both with the Winter Snow embossing folder.
- Focal – Highland Heather CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ and Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper – 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Snowflake – Whisper White CS – 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from the So Many Snowflakes die set.
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – one @ 2″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Rectangle Stitched die set. Whisper White CS – one @3 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the die from the Layering Ovals die set.
- Scallop Oval – Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper – 2″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from the Layering Ovals die set.
- Inside Mats – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″ and Highland Heather CS – 4″ x 1 1/2″
- Envelope – Whisper White
- Metallic Pearls – Silver – 7
- Adhesive Backed Snowflakes – 6
Snowflake Wishes Easel Card Product List
Hope you decide to create a couple of these for the Christmas season. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!