Stampin’ Up! recently launched the 2019 Holiday Catalog. Hooray!! Creating a snow globe shaker card just became a very easy thing to do. Why? We have the Still Scenes bundle at our creative fingertips.
Recently, I hosted my Holiday Team Card Swap. I’ll be sure to share all the swap cards in a few days. Wait until you see the cards! They all are over the top fantastic. For my swap, I chose the Still Scenes bundle to create my snow globe shaker card.
Here’s a glimpse into my studio during swap prep. I had to be sure I had enough of that yummy designer series paper. Whew, I had just enough. But wait, I could always order more, right? I’m giving myselft permission to do just that.
Because I wanted the snow globe to appear 3D, I used the set a little differently. This time, it’s a stand alone element.
The sweet little scene in my snow globe shaker card was created with the Feels Like Frost Specialty DSP. You’re going to want to order multiples of that paper pack. It is fabulous. One side has photographic imagery. On the opposite side, you’ll enjoy hand-drawn silver foil.
To finish off the inside of my card, I punched the corners with our Detailed Trio Punch. That one has three images in one punch. Gotta love it! Then, I stamped the lovely sentiment from the Still Scenes stamp set in Night of Navy. I love the font.
Look how fabulous the 3D globe sits on the card base. But, it’s not too high, just the right size. We have the fabulous Snow Globe Shaker Domes in the new catalog. They have adhesive on the front and back lip of the domes. That makes it super easy to create shaker cards. What to learn how? Here’s my video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Night of Navy CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Silver Foil – 4″ x 5 1/4″ *Note – use this mat to cut the ring needed for your snow globe. All the details are in the video. Use the cirdle dies from the Layering Circles set. Dies measure 3 1/8″ and 2 5/8″.
- Embossed Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, embossed with the Swirls and Curls embossing folder.
- Sentiment – Night of Navy CS – 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, treat with embossing buddy. Stamp the sentiment from So Many Stars in Versa Mark ink. Sprinkle with silver embossing powder and heat set with heat tool. Flag the right end. Trim the left end close to the “s”.
- House Scene – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 3″. Stamp the image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Color the Stampin’ Blends. Cut the image with the coordinating die. Apply the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint. Heat with the heat tool to activate the puff paint.
- DSP – Feels Like Frost Specialty DSP – 3″ (W) x 3 1/2″ (T).
- Snow Globe Stand – Night of Navy CS – 1 3/4″ x 3″. Silver Foil – 1 1/2″ x 2 3/4″. Cut both the the dies from the Snow Globe Scenes set.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, punch each corner with the Detailed Trio Punch. Stamp the sentiment from Still Scenes in Night of Navy.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!