Ready for a new fun fold? Today’s Slide & Lock Gatefold is easy, but really packs that WOW factor. Not only that, the fold really shows off the gorgeous Hydrangea Haven bundle.
I’ve created this card for my amazing daughter. She’s a middle school teacher. It’s tough times right now and every day is filled with new challenges. Because she is a determined woman she is doing an incredible job. It makes me proud that she is shaping the minds of the future.
In creating the slide & lock gatefold, I knew I wanted to showcase not just the flower, but the beautiful Hydrangea Hill designer series paper as well.
One of the best parts of the fancy fold, is that it’s pretty easy to figure out the mechanism and it holds the card shut for mailing and presentation.
The Hydrangea Haven stamp set is filled with not just beautiful floral images, but lovely sentiments as well. Hope you enjoy today’s video tutorial. Don’t forget to checkout all the dimensions listed below. Also, remember if you order the bundle, your order will qualify for a FREE Sale-a-Bration item. My suggestion would be the Heal Your Heart stamp set.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Highland Heather CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 2 3/4″ on both ends. **Cut a sliver from one of the scored panels as shown in the video tutorial.
- Mats – Gorgeous Grape CS – one @ 4″ x 5 1/4″ and two @ 4″ x 2 1/2″
- DSP Mats – Hydrangea Hill DSP – two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Accent Strip – Hydrangea Hill DSP – 3/4″ x 4″
- Focal Slides – Basic White CS – four @ 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ – cut with the die from Stitched So Sweetly.
- Hydrangea – Basic White CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″,
- Flower Head – Highland Heather CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ – cut with the die from the Hydrangea die set.
- Small Flowers – Seaside Spray CS – 1″ x 2 1/2″ – cut with the die from the Hydrangea die set.
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Envelope – Medium Basic White
- Ribbon – Gorgeous Grape 3/8″ Sheer Ribbon – about 10″
- Pastel Pearls – three in Highland Heather.
Slide & Lock Gatefold Product List
Ordering in my online store really helps me out. I would love to earn your business. Remember too, if you have any questions you can always leave a comment and I’ll get back with you. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!