I can’t wait for my club night this week. One of my lovely club members asked for a Christmas project. She is a fabulous scrapbooker and I knew right away I would use the Signs of Santa bundle. I created a page that she can use as a title page to her grandsons Christmas scrapbook.
Santa’s Workshop Specialty DSP works perfectly with the Signs of Santa bundle. There are multiple dies in the set that die cut the images in the DSP. Quick, easy and oh so cute!!
By adding some of our embossing paste to the die cut letters, I think I created what appears to be accumulating snow. I love the look. Embossing the letters with the Softly Falling embossing folder enhanced that look even more. But, wait, I couldn’t stop. After embossing, I spritzed the letters with my Champagne Shimmer Paint concoction. All three techniques together created the perfect title for my Signs of Santa page.
Aren’t those elves just darlin’? And yes, I used the dies to cut the DSP. You get two elf dies, one right and one left, so you can cut all the little elves your heart desires. And did I mention the white parts on the paper are flocked. So, that means instant dimension, texture and interest. I even cut the sign post with a die from the set. Can’t get any easier than that.
Next it was time for Santa to make an appearance and yes, he was cut with a die. But, alas, I did fussy cut the bag of toys. It’s a little concession to pay for such a stinkin cute look.
And it’s not Christmas unless Mrs. Claus is there to help her man. This page really came together quick and easy. Want to create one of your own? Here’s how the magic happens.
- Large Mat – Whisper White CS – 12 x 12
- Mat – Poppy Parade CS – one at 8 1/2″ x 11″ and one 11″ x 2 1/2″
- Mats – Garden Green CS – one @ 6 3/4″ x 5 3/4″, one @ 7 1/4″ x 2 3/4″ and one @ 10″ x 2 1/4″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – one @ 6 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, one @ 7″ x 2 1/2″ and one @ 9 3/4″ x 2″
- Letters – Garden Green CS – 4 1/4″ x 8″
- Bottom Accent Band – Santa’s Workshop DSP – 12″ x 2 3/4″
- Snowflakes – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 5 1/2″
- Characters from the DSP – three red and three green clothed elves, one snowman, one Santa with the list, one sack of toys, one Mrs. Clause, one rocking horse and one stack of presents with teddy bear.
- Cut the letters with the large letter dies from the Garden Green CS. Run through the Big Shot with the Softly Falling embossing folder. Spritz with a spritzer filled with 4 drops of Champsgne Shimmer Paint and 70% rubbing alcohol. Let dry or speed up with a heat tool. Apply embossing paste with a palette knife. Set aside to dry.
- Fussy cut the snowman, sack of toys, rocking horse and stack of toys.
- Die cut Santa, Mrs. Claus, the elves and the sign post.
- Stamp the sign post in Early Espresso with the stamp from Signs of Santa.
- On the 2 1/2″ x 7″ whisper white mat, stamp the snowflakes in Gray Granite with the stamp from Candy Cane Season
- Apply wink of stella to the snowman and his hat. Adhere two small black Faceted Dots for the buttons.
- Apply wink of stella on Santa’s beard and mustache.
- Wet glue all the white mats to the green mats.
- Wet glue the two poppy parade mats to the 12 x 12 Whisper White mat. Cover the seam of these two mats with the long strip of DSP. Adhere with wet glue.
- Pop all the mats to the page.
- Apply adhesive strips to the letters and pop to the mat. Pop the Snowman.
- Pop the elves to the stamped mat. Pop the sign post.
- Pop all the characters to the bottom mat. **note – The rocking horse is double popped.
- Pop the snowflakes to the top of the page.
I sure hope you enjoyed this one. I loved designing it. If you need any supplies to create a page of your own, I would love to earn your business. Just click on any of the products below to start filling your shopping cart. Be sure to earn your WOW Customer Loyalty Points with your order.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!