As soon as I saw the Positive Thoughts stamp set in the Stampin’ Up! 2020 Mini Catalog, I knew I had to have it. I’m all about the nature inspried images and the positive messages in the sentiments.
Because we have gorgeous papers in the Annual Catalog, I used the fabulous Magnolia Lane DSP. Then, by using the color palette of Whisper White, Petal Pink, Mossy Meadow and So Saffron, I reinforced that nature look and feel.
Dies that cut and emboss, gotta love them. They do double duty for us. In the Nature’s Thoughts set, that fabulous feather die does just that. I inked it a little with some Petal Pink ink, just to make it pop. But wait, I’ll bet you’re asking yourself, I didn’t see that die set in the book. You’re right, it’s part of the new Coordination Product Release. Mark your calendars for February 4th.
Are you lovin’ that font? I think it’s beautiful. The Positive Thought stamp set is a 8-piece cling mount set. Three of the images are fabulous sentiments you’ll be turning to time after time in your card making.
If you haven’t picked up at least two packs of the Champagne Rhinestones, you’re missing out. They are fantastic and go perfectly on so many designs.
Because those sentiments are just too beautiful, and uplifting, I had to include one on the inside of the card. And while there, why not stamp 3 generations of that lovely fern image.
Time to finish off the envelope. Hope you can appreciate the beauty of the flower image. And now that we have a die to match, I know I’ll be using it more often. Be sure to check out the video to learn how I created the watercolor wash background.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Petal Pink CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Magnolia Lane DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Focal Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 1/4″ x 5″, cut with the die from Nature’s Thoughts. Add the watercolor wash technique with So Saffron ink.
- Large Ferns – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, stamp two images in Mossy Meadow, cut with the die from Nature’s Thoughts.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 3/4″ x 4″, cut with the die from Stitched Rectangles. Stamp the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black.
- Feathers – Petal Pink CS – 1 1/4″ x 11″, cut three feather images and two butterfly images with the die from Nature’s Thoughts. Ink the feathers with Petal Pink ink.
- Sprigs – Mossy Meadow CS – 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ – cut four images with the die from Nature’s Thoughts. Apply wink of stella to each.
- Ribbon – Petal Pink 1/4″ Metallic-Edge – about 15″
- Champagne Rhinestones – seven small
Positive Thoughts Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!