I’m always on the hunt for quick and easy gift giving ideas. Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I knew I wanted to use our Seasonal Layers framelits. I love the leaves in that set. And what says Fall better than rich colored leaves?
Lucky me, I found these cute mugs at my local Dollar Tree. As soon as I saw the leaf design, I knew they would compliment the leaves in our Seasonal Layers set. And to make matters even better, I scooped up some of the Fall Taffy. I think that’s a match made in Fall heaven.
It was easy to pull the perfect color combo for my Seasonal Layers holiday mug. Stampin’ Up!’s color palette is so versatile and trendy. I found the perfect color match, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze and Garden Green. I wanted the tag to be over the top pretty, so Tin Tile Dynamic Textures Embossing Folder to the rescue.
Be sure to lightly spritz your paper with water before running it through the Big Shot with this folder. It really makes the embossing pop. I cut a scallop circle with our Layering Circles Framelit and then highlighted the raised areas with Pumpkin Pie ink. Next, my Seasonal Layers leaves; one each in Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Garden Green created the perfect focal image.
Did you notice the polka dot tulle is tinted in Pumpkin Pie? That’s an easy technique I can teach you now to do in my FREE video tutorial.
Are you making your gift list? Who are the lucky ones that will receive one of these? I know you just can’t wait to create some of your own.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Tag – Scallop Circle – Thick Whisper White CS – 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the Layering Circles framelits and embossed with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder.
- Leaves – Cajun Craze CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, Pumpkin Pie CS – 2″ x 2 1/2″, and Garden Green CS – 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the dies from Seasonal Layers. Stamp tone on tone, on the Cajun Craze and Garden Green leaves with the stamp from Touches of Texture.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1/2″ x 3″, stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings in Pumpkin Pie. Dovetail both ends.
- Ribbon – Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle – 2 pieces at 8″ each
- Linen Thread – approximately 30″
- Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets – 1 small
- Cello Bag – 6″ x 8″
If you need some supplies to complete the project, I would appreciate you shopping my online store.
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!