So happy you stopped by today. I’ve got two beautiful cards to share. Did you know that hand made sympathy cards can make a world of difference during life’s tougher times. You can turn a very difficult time into a heartfelt moment.
The Art Gallery bundle, that will launch with the Jan-June 2021 Mini Catalog, has lots of possibilities. That suite is filled with lots of new product offerings. Things like gold foiled acetate sheets, gilded leafing, beautiful ribbon and designer series paper. We will also have a returning favorite, heat & stick powder. So many techniques spinning in my head. Can’t wait to share.
My first sympathy card has a color palette of Purple Posy, Smoky Slate, Soft Sea Foam, Whisper White with a little Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape. I think the embossed mat took this card to the next level. That’s what I love about embossing folders. They pack the WOW factor with minimal investment.
Are you wondering which set I used for the sentiment? It’s part of the Sale-a-Bration offering. That’s right, you can earn the Heal Your Heart stamp set for free with a qualifying order.
In the next sympathy card, I wanted to be sure to frame the large flower in the Art Gallery set. My dear friend lost someone near to her and her favorite color is pink.
To frame that stunning flower, I used the die from the Ornate Layers set. You can find that one in the Annual Catalog. It’s a great collection to add to your stash.
Remember earlier I mentioned a new embossing folder. Well, here it is, the new Painted Texture 3D embossing folder. You’ll be seeing that one a lot from me. I love it!!
Because the Art Gallery set is photopolymer, two-step stamping is a breeze. Are you ready to see the new products? I can’t show you the catalog yet, but in the video you’ll get some sneak peeks.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card #1 – Card Base – Purple Posy CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mat – Smoky Slate CS – 3 3/4″x 5″, embossed with the Parisian 3D embossing folder.
- Flowers – Purple Posy CS – 2 1/2″ x 6 1/2″
- Leaves – Soft Sea Foam CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Forever Flourishing die set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3 1/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Card #2 – Card Base – Blushing Bride CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″, emboss one with the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder
- Focal Die Cut – Smoky Slate CS – 5 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the die from the Ornate Layers set
- Flower – Blushing Bride CS – 3 1/4″ x 2 3/4″, stamped two generations in Blushing Bride, cut with the die from the Floral Gallery die set.
- Leaves – Soft Sea Faom CS – 3″ x 2 3/4″, stamped in Soft Sea Foam and cut with the die from the Floral Gallery die set.
Sympathy Cards Product List
** NOTE – the new products are not listed in the photo gallery.
If you don’t have a demonstrator and would like a new catalog, I’m happy to send you a copy. Contact me here, and we will get one out to you. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!!
The fabulous Lasting Lily stamp set is one of Stampin’ Up’s! new DistINKtive sets. And this is the first catalog where they are being offered in photopolymer. The Lasting Lily set includes 16 stamps, including 10 sentiments. This is one of our Level 2 FREE Sale-a-Bration sets. Place a $100 order and you can choose this one for FREE!!
The subtle color palette of Petal Pink, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White are perfect for this card. The addition of Basic Black makes everything pop. You could use this card for sympathy or thinking of you. The sentiments in the set are so versatile.
Lasting Lily would be a great addition to your stamp collection. The flowers can be stamped in any color combination to give your card just the right look for all occasions. Because I cut the ovals with or Layering Oval Framelits, it made creating the focal image quick and easy. Those dies are a go-to for me.
The set include a fabulous grunge stamp that I used to create the frame around the flowers. By stamping off twice in So Saffron, I think I achieved just the right amount of color.
The lovely die cut from the Petals and More Thinlits is another one of my favorites. By using that one, the sentiment is really grounded. I’ve got a few tips to share with you. Sit back, relax and view my FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Petal Pink CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Focal Mat – Basic Black CS – 3 3/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 3″
- Small Bottom Mat – Basic Black CS – 3 3/4″ x 1 3/4″
- Embossed Mat – So Saffron CS – 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, embossed with the Tufted embossing folder
- Accent Die Cut – Basic Black CS – 4 1/4″ x 1″, cut with the die from Petals & More Thinlits
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ and Pear Pizzazz CS – 2 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the dies from Layering Oval Framelits.
I’ll bet you can’t wait to create one of these cards for someone special. If you need any supplies to complete the job, I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time,
Create Something Beautiful!
It’s part of life. We all need sympathy cards. They send words of encouragement, love and support. To create them on the spur of the moment can be a tough task. I find it better to chose a set and some beautiful paper and create a few to have in my card stash.
The beautiful font in the Heal Your Heart set coordinates beautifully with the Fine Art Floral DSP. By changing up my designer papers, I was able to achieve one with a little more neutral design and one a bit more feminine.
Can you see all the “brush strokes” in the DSP. It looks like an artist’s canvas. I think it’s so calming and tranquil.
My color palette is Basic White, Pool Party, Pretty Peacock and Terracotta Tile. I just pulled some colors from the gorgeous DSP.
Here’s how the magic happens:
- Card Base – Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mats – Pool Party CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Fine Art Floral DPS – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Accent Band – Pretty Peacock – 1″ x 4″, embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder.
- Focal Mats – Pool Party CS – two @ 1 1/4″ x 4″
- DSP Focal Mats – Fine Art Floral DSP – two @ 1 1/8″ x 3 7/8″
- Leaves – Terracotta Tile CS – 4 1/4″ x 3″, cut with the die from the Forever Flourishing die set.
- Scallop Circle – Pretty Peacock CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from the Layering Circles die set.
- Circle – Basic White CS – punch one 2″ circle.
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Inside Accent Band – Fine Art Floral DSP – 1″ x 4″
Ready for card #2. This time I’m changing up the colors, adding a few more layers and lots of dry embossing.
I’ve said it before, but it’s worth saying again. Embossing folders are underrated. They add so much texture and interest to your designs. In this sympathy card, I’ve used three different folders to do just that.
Take a quick look at the flowers. To achieve all that texture, I punched the images with the Small Bloom Punch, then ran the images through my Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.
The sweet little flower centers are from the die included in the Hydrangea die set. It embosses and cuts the images at the same time.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Bumblebee CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Subtle 3D embossing folder
- Vertical Band – Old Olive CS – 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, embossed with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder
- Mat – Bumblebee CS – 2 7/8″ x 4 3/8″
- DSP Mat – Fine Art Floral DSP – 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Scallop Square – Bumblebee CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from the Layering Squares die set
- Embossed Square – Basic White CS – 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, embossed with the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – 2 3/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from the Forever Flourishing die set
- Flowers – Bumblebee CS – punch 6 images with the Small Bloom Punch and emboss with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder. Basic White CS – 1″ x 5″, cut with the die from the Hydrangea die set.
- Sentiment – Old Olive CS – 3/4″ x 2 7/8″ and Basic White CS – 1/2″ x 2 7/8″
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
How about a FREE video tutorial? I find those helpful, how about you?
Need a few supplies? I would be honored to earn your business.
Sympathy Cards Product List
Need a few more sympathy card ideas? Click here to view some other cards I’ve designed. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Creating my With Love & Sympathy card was a labor of love. I needed a card for a friend that lost someone dear to them. But, I really don’t think sympathy cards have to be dark or sad. Butterflies are a significant symbol in both life and death. At death, we are like the dormant pupa in its chrysalis. After that, our consciousness emerges from the cast off body. Some see in this the emergence of the butterfly. Therefore, the butterfly is symbolic of rebirth after death.
If that’s the case, I think this card will bring comfort to my friend. I also decided to make it a 6″ x 6″ format. That big gorgeous butterfly needed a larger format to truly shine.
The Butterfly Bijou DSP is the star of the show. One pattern is more lovely than the last. There is even an entire sheet that can be cut with the large die in the Brilliant Wings set.
Mounting the butterfly on vellum anchors it, but doesn’t overpower the composition. The with love & sympathy sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Greetings set. That is such a versatile set and is filled with loads of sentiments for all occasions.
The beautiful verse on the inside of the card is from the Woven Heirlooms set. I love the mix in the font. Even the sweet little accent stamps are from the same set.
I didn’t want to waste one little bit of the beautiful paper. The edges contained portions of the butterflies. So, I just fussy cut those and added them to the flap of the envelope.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – So Saffron CS – 6″ x 12″, scored @ 6″
- Inside Mats – Basic Black CS – 5 7/8″ x 5 7/8″ and Basic White CS – 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″
- Front Mats – Basic Black CS – one @ 5 7/8″ x 5 7/8″ and one @ 4″ x 4″
- DSP Mats – Butterfly Bijou DSP – one @ 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″, one @ 3 7/8″ x 3 7/8″ and one @ 1 5/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Vertical Mat – So Saffron CS – 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Sentiment – Vellum CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Stitched So Sweetly set.
- Large Butterfly – Butterfly Bijou DSP – cut the large yellow butterfly from the sheet with the large die in the Brilliant Wings die set. You will lots of other butterflies left for other projects.
- Detailed Butterfly – Butterfly Bijou DSP – 3 3/4″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the detailed die from the Brilliant Wings die set.
- Small Butterflies – Butterfly Bijou DSP – Scraps – cut the two smaller images with the dies from the Brilliant Wings die set.
- Envelope – Basic White CS – 9 1/2″ x 9 1/2″, created with the envelope punch board. Decorate the flap with the fussy cut butterfly scraps.
- Enamel Dots – three in Just Jade
With Love & Sympathy Card Product List
I hope I’ve inspired you to create a few of these cards to have on hand. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Fancy Folds are my weakness, I must admit. This fabulous 3 in 1 Fancy Fold was the brainchild of my WOW Team Member, Helene Hebert with As You Wysh Designs. She sent me a gorgous get well version during my recent surgery recovery. The more I looked at it, the more I knew I just had to create one of my own. When I asked if I could make a version of her card, Helene’s reply was, of course, sweetheart.
Because we are card makers, we always want to send a really meaningful card to those that have suffered a loss. Sympathy cards can be tough. I had two dear friends that lost a family member. I knew I wanted them to feel all the love I could possibly send in a card. That’s why I used Helene’s 3 in 1 Fancy Fold to create those cards.
My color combination was inspired by the lovely Woven Threads Designer Series Papers. The soft Seaside Spray looks lovely with the rich Pretty Peacock and Terracotta Tile. By opening the first fancy fold, the accordion, the first of two tranquil, calming scenes is revealed.
Then to make it even more extra special, open the main card base to reveal a lovely tunnel fold. This one was created by stamping on our vellum cardstock. That’s such a lovely look. I’ve got to remember to do this more often.
By using a variety of die cuts and stamp sets, I also created a couple of sweet accents for each of the two side mats.
Even if you don’t want to recreate this 3 in 1 Fancy Fold as is, I’ve given you so many design ideas. You can incorporate a couple into your next card easily. I’ld love to hear about that.
This beautiful card is so dimensional, it needed it’s own special envelope. This one is so much easier than I thought it would be. I can see creating a stack of these to have on hand. Here is the template so you can see the layout easily.
There is so many possibilities with this 3 in 1 Fancy Fold. I’ve filmed a video tutorial for you. But, I know we have lots of visual learners as well as those that love the written word. So, under this video tutorial, you’ll also find a link to my FREE PDF Tutorial.
Click the link below to download my FREE PDF Tutorial
Need some supplies? I would love to earn your business. Just click on any of the items below to begin your shopping cart.
3 in 1 Fancy Fold Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!