One of my lovely WOW Club Members asked that I use the Sea of Textures Bundle for her club night project. I’m so glad she did! It was so much fun creating my Sea of Textures Double Z Fold.
Can you believe only one stamp was used to achieve this over the top Sea of Textures card? The framelits are the bomb! I think I might have purchased the dies just to get that great net image.
I knew I wanted to make the card more of a canvas for lots of little sea inspired scenes. I saw the port hole idea on Pinterest and that started my creative juices flowing. I love it when your Mojo jumps into gear.
In my Sea of Textures design I incorporated the Seaside Embossing folder to create the waves and the Swirly Scribbles dies to accentuate them. I loved the seaweed stamp in the set and feel like it was the perfect backdrop for all the coral in the box fold.
To create the two-tone effect on “George”, my little Octopus from the Sea of Textures set, I first stamped him in Tranquil Tide on Very Vanilla card stock. With my blender pen, I pulled the ink from the stamped image and colored in the bottom portion of his many legs. Cool effect, don’t you think?
To enhance the sentiment, I cut an 8″ piece of our fantastic copper ribbon, stretched it out and created that cool net looking embellishment. I know this one has a lot of bits and pieces, but I really love how it came together and would love to teach you how to create your own. Here’s my FREE how-to video to do just that.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Base – Early Espresso CS – 4 ¼” x 11”, scored at 2 ¾” and 5 ½”
- Z-Fold Band – Early Espresso CS – 2 1/8” x 11”, scored at 2 ¾” and 5 ½”
- Inside Box Mechanism – Early Espresso CS – 2 1/8” x 11”, scored at 7/8”, 3 5/8”, 4 1/8”, 6 7/8”, 7 3/8”, and 10 1/8”
- Mats – Very Vanilla CS – One @5 3/8” x 4 1/8” and two @ 4 1/8” x 2 5/8”
- Embossed Mats – Coastal Cabana CS – One @ 5 3/8” x 2” and two @ 2 5/8” x 2”, embossed with the Seaside Embossing Folder
- Waves – Tranquil Tide CS – Two @ 6 ¼” x 2”, cut with the die from Swirly Scribbles
- Octopus – Very Vanilla CS – 3” x 3”
- Port Hole – Soft Sea Foam CS – One @ 3 x 3 ½” (cut one circle with the 2 7/8” circle framelit) and One @ 2 ¾ x 2 ¾” (nest the 2 3/8” and 1 7/8” circle framelits, cut a ring) ; Very Vanilla CS – punch one 2” circle
- Nets & Sand Dollars – Crumb Cake CS – two @ 3 ¼” x 3 ¼”, cut the nets with the Under the Sea die and one @ 2 ½” x 1 ¾”, cut one large and one sand dollar from the Under the Sea die
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 2 ¾” x 2”, cut with the die from Stitched Shapes
- Coral – Use scraps to die cut the following; Rich Razzleberry CS – 1 tall, 1 fat, 2 short; Soft Suede CS – 2 tall; Soft Sea Foam CS – 1 tall, 2 short; Tranquil Tide CS – 1 tall and 3 short
- Window Sheet for Port Hole – 2 ¾” x 2 ¾” – cut with the 2 3/8” circle framelit
- Waves – Tranquil Tide CS – Stamp the long texture stamp in Tranquil Tide. Then spritz with the Champagne Mist.
- Port Hole – Soft Sea Foam CS – One circle and one circle ring with the long Texture stamp, stamp off with Soft Suede.
- Inside Port Hole – Very Vanilla CS – 2” circle – Stamp net in Soft Suede
- Pearls on Port Hole – Color with the Bronze Stampin’ Blend – set aside and allow to dry
- Mats #1 and #3 – Very Vanilla CS – Stamp off the net stamp in Crumb Cake
- Mat #2 – Very Vanilla CS – Stamp the long seaweed in both Rich Razzleberry and Tranquil Tide, using first and second generation stamping.
- Octopus – Very Vanilla CS – 3” x 3” – Stamp the Octopus in Tranquil Tide. Using your Blender Pen pull color on the legs. Cut out the image with the matching die.
- Fat Coral – Rich Razzleberry CS – Stamp with the long texture stamp in Rich Razzleberry.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – Stitched Oval – Stamp the “Have A Wonderful Adventure” sentiment in Early Espresso
- Nets – With a dauber, lightly, randomly pounce the surface of the net in Early Espresso
- Sand Dollars – Ink in Crumb Cake
Port Hole Assembly
- Wet Glue the 2’ Circle to the Soft Seafoam Circle
- Adhere the circle of Window Sheet to the backside of the Soft Seafoam ring
- Apply Adhesive strip to the backside of the wring
- Adhere the small sand dollar and corals onto the 2” Very Vanilla circle. Dry fitting and arranging is recommended.
- Pop the ring over the scene.
- Apply the pearls to the perimeter
- Reinforce fold lines on the cards base, z-fold and box fold pieces
- Glue the Very Vanilla mats to the card base.
- Glue the Swirly Scribble die cuts to the embossed Coastal Cabana mats.
- Glue the Coastal Cabana mats to the Z-fold
- Glue the Z-fold to the card base.
- Insert and glue the box fold into the cavity of the z-fold.
- Decorate the card with the coral, nets, port hole and sentiment as shown in the video.
Thanks so much for visiting, would love to have you subscribe to my blog. Any supplies you need for this project, can be found in my online store.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!