Welcome! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Do you have photos sitting in a box? Would you like to scrapbook them, but don’t have time to design a layout? I’ve got a solution with my Lovely Friends scrapbook layout. One element is more beautiful than the next. This 12×12 scrapbook layout is full of interest and texture, but is quick and easy to complete. You could even frame this one and gift it to someone special.
The inspiration for the design was the Painted with Love Specialty Designer Series Papers. I love the rich and bright tones of the Rich Razzleberry, Powder Pink and Melon Mambo with just a splash of gold and Old Olive. I knew I wanted to incorporate some flowers, so I turned to our Pansy punch. That is an oldie but goodie. I punched three images for each of the flowers, inked the edges and gave them some texture by spritzing them and scrunching them up. The perfect stamen was a die cut from Seasonal Layers Dies (psst, it’s a snowflake). Our beautiful Gold Faceted Gems make the centers sparkle.
The big bold sentiment, that I used as my page title, came from the Lovely Friends stamp set. I ran my embossing buddy over the Lots of Labels die cut, stamped the image in versa mark, sprinkled with gold embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Then to finish it off, I randomly stamped the flourish from Timeless Textures in Powder Pink – PERFECT!!
Did you notice the pretty texture on the large Powder Pink mat? It was created with our embossing paste and Pattern Party Masks. Let me show you how easy it is to accomplish in this video tutorial.
Our embossing paste dries so fast, it’s easy to incorporate it into your next project.
Are you ready to see how the magic happens?
- Base Mat – Melon Mambo CS – 12″ x 12″
- Embossed Mat – Powder Pink CS – 8 1/2″ x 11″
- Left Border – Painted with Love DSP – 12″ x 1 3/4″
- Lacy Trim – Whisper White CS – 1″ x 12″, punched with the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch
- Photo Mats – Rich Razzleberry CS, one @ 7″ x 4 1/4″ and two @ 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″; Whisper White CS, one @ 6 3/4″ x 4″ and two @ 3″ x 3″.
- Title Banner – Painted with Love DSP – 8 1/2″ x 2″
- Sentiment/Title – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, image cut with the Lots of Labels Framelits
- Flowers – Rich Razzleberry CS – punch six images with the Pansy punch; Painted with Love DSP – punch three images with the Pansy punch.
- Flower Centers – Gold Foil Paper – 1″ x 4″ – cut three snowflakes from the Seasonal Layers Dies.
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – punch five images with the leaf punch
- Apply embossing paste to the large Powder Pink mat and set aside to dry.
- Ink all pansy flower images in Rich Razzleberry ink (both sides). Spritz the flowers and scrunch, set aside to dry.
- Ink the two strips of DSP in Rich Razzleberry ink.
- Stamp the leaves in Old Olive with the flourish stamps from Timeless Textures.
- Stamp the title from Lovely Friends on the Lots of Label image in versa mark, sprinkle with gold embossing powder, heat set with the heat tool. Scatter stamp in Powder Pink the flourish image from Timeless Textures.
- Open up the flower petals, stack with dimensionals, glue the stamen and apply a gold faceted gem to the center.
- Adhere the whisper white decorative ribbon trim to the 12″ piece of DSP.
- Adhere the left border to the base mat with wet glue.
- Adhere the embossed Powder Pink mat to the base mat with wet glue.
- Adhere the Whisper White photo mats to the Rich Razzleberry mats with wet glue.
- Adhere the bottom DSP border to the Powder Pink mat with wet glue.
- Pop the title to the bottom border.
- Wet glue the flowers and leaves around the title.
- Pop the photo mats to the Powder Pink mat.
I would very much appreciate you purchasing the supplies you need to complete the project from my online store.
I hope you enjoyed this project. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!