Ready for some fun? The Sailing Home Four Panel Fancy Fold is the card for you. It’s a great “statement” card, but oh so easy to create. And, once you learn this fold, you can use it with so many sets for lots of occasions.
WOW, right? The Sailing Home bundle will fast become your go-to for creating mascuine cards. I love the rustic look. Because there is a 12-piece die and stamp set, it makes creating beautiful cards a breeze.
When creating the card, I altered the standard size of the first panel so the lighthouse could be seen. Don’t you just love how all Stampin’ Up! products coordinate. No searching for this and that. More time to create. I call that a win-win.
Choosing a color combo was easy. I love the deep rich colors of Soft Suede and Night of Navy. Then adding a pop of Balmy Blue the scene came to life.
I wanted to add some texture to the stamped circle. The net die in the Under the Sea set was perfect. I cut one out of Soft Suede. Cutting it in half, I was able to use it on two of the panels. The Sailing Home bundle goes great with the Under the Sea bundle. Check it out for yourself.
You can’t be sailing home without a sailboat. I stamped both of the images in the set, colored them with my blends and they were ready to die cut. Adding the little strip of embossed Balmy Blue really made my scene realistic. The High Seas 3D embossing folder is a new offering in our Annual Catalog. I would love to share some tips and tricks with you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Balmy Blue CS – One @ 5 1/2″ x 11 1/2″, scored at 1/4″, 3 3/4″ and 7 1/4″. Turn the cardstock over, with the 1/4″ score at the top of scoreboard, score at 5/8″ from the top to the 7 1/4″ score line. Trim off the 5/8″ scored area. Balmy Blue CS – One @ 4 1/4″ x 2″.
- Mats – Night of Navy CS – Two @ 4″ x 1 3/4″, two @ 4 5/8″ x 3 1/4″ and one @ 5 1/4″ x 4″
- DSP Mats – Come Sail Away DSP – Two @ 3 3/4″ x 1 1/2″, two @ 4 3/8″ x 3″ and one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″
- Net and Wheel – Soft Suede CS – one @3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the die from Under the Sea and one @ 2″ x 2″, cut with the die from Smooth Sailing.
- Seaweed and Label – Mossy Meadow CS – 5 1/4″ x 2 1/2″
- Needle for Compass – Night of Navy CS – 1″ x 1 3/4″
- Waves – Balmy Blue CS – 2″ x 3 3/4″, embossed with the High Seas 3D embossing folder.
- Circle – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the die from Layering Circles.
- Trinkets – Sail Away, one wheel and one anchor
- Twine – Night of Navy and Sahara Sand
- Brad – Metallic – Copper
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!