If you haven’t guessed by now, I love creating my own unique backgrounds. For this card, the Rooted in Nature set was calling my name. I also knew I wanted to showcase our beautiful Shimmer Paints. In this one card, there are five techniques!
Rooted in Nature is a 16 piece set and coordinates with the Rooted in Nature Framelits dies. Purchase the bundle and save 10%. This is the set that is perfect for all occasions, birthday, thinking of you, masculine cards, encouragement and the list goes on and on.
To create that lovely background, I started off with a piece of our shimmery white card stock. The weight and finish of this paper lends itself to all types of techniques. Not to mention, you get a shimmery look to start things off. I used both our Bright Copper and Vegas Gold Shimmer Paints in each of the techniques. There is lots going on here, so I thought it best to film a FREE video tutorial for you. In that way, you can see up close how I put all those techniques to use.
Now, what do you think about that? Isn’t the Rooted in Nature bundle the best? Be sure to place it on your next order so that you can create one of these cards yourself.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Blackberry Bliss CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Nature’s Poem DSP – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Background Mat – Shimmery White CS – 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Leaves – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ and Vellum CS – 2 1/2″ x 3″
- Scallop Oval – Blackberry Bliss CS – 4″ x 3″, cut with the Layering Ovals die
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 3″, stamped in Versa Mark, sprinkle with Copper Embossing Powder and heat set with the heat tool. Cut the image with the Layering Ovals die.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS
I would love to earn your business. You can shop my online store 24/7. All the supplies I’ve used in this project are listed below.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!