Sometimes, creating masculine cards can be little challenging. But, no more! The Rooted in Nature bundle in the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog makes it quick, easy and oh so beautiful.
The 16-piece red rubber stamp set has a 12-piece coordinating die set. That makes cutting the images a breeze. Your Big Shot Magnetic Platform will help you die cut those stamped images. And while you’ve got your Big Shot out, why not emboss a couple of the elements with the Layered Leaves embossing folder.
Adding layers and texture really enhanced the masculine look of this design. I just love the oak tree image and have stamped this one in Soft Suede.
Stampin’ Up! to the rescue with an assortment of leaf trinkets to add just the perfect metal element to the card. There is a mix of both copper and silver elements in the package.
Since this card is for my wonderful, strong, handsome, brilliant son, my first born, I wanted the inside sentiment to say just that. This one is from the Picture Perfect Birthday set, stamped in gorgeous Blackberry Bliss ink.
Let’s put this card together. Here’s my FREE video tutorial to help you through the process.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Blackberry Bliss CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper – 5″ x 3 3/4″, embossed with the Layered Leaves embossing folder.
- Scallop Oval – Soft Suede CS – 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from Layering Ovals. Paper pierce each of the scallops using a Paper Piercer on a Stampin’ Pierce Mat.
- Embossed Oval – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from Layering Ovals, Emboss with the Layered Leaves embossing folder. Ink with Cajun Craze.
- Tree – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 3 1/2″ – stamp the oak tree in Soft Suede and cut the image with the die from Nature’s Roots Framelits Dies.
- Sentiment – Blackberry Bliss CS – 1/2″ x 3″ – run embossing buddy over surface, stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings in Whisper White Craft Ink. Sprinkle with the white embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Trim the sentiment with paper snips.
- Inside Card – Stamp the sentiment from Picture Perfect Birthday in Blackberry Bliss ink.
- Burlap Ribbon – 5″
- Embellishments – Leaves Trinkets – silver – one single and one double.
In case you need any supplies to complete this project, I’ve created a list below making your shopping experience quick and easy. Just click an image and start filling your shopping cart. I appreciate your business.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!