Community Service is so important. My little contribution is to the residents of Riverbend Nursing Home. A beautiful, talented group of volunteers join in quarterly to craft. Our friends at Riverbend LOVE IT!! They look forward to each visit and are waiting in the entry way when we arrive.
Because each of our friends at Riverbend have different skill levels, I try to design a project they can easily put together. But, it is also very important that they feel accomplished and love the process. That’s where our product coordination comes in.
Purchasing the little 4″ x 6″ frames from Dollar Tree helps make the project cost effective. Thank goodness I have a benefactor that donates the funds for our Community Service work. Hopefully, our friends at Riverbend will enjoy putting the frame on their bedside table. That way, they can be reminded that we are all thinking about them.
If you are looking for a cause or project, I urge you to consider your local nursing home. You will definately get back more than you give. I would love to share with you how I created this project.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Frame – 4″ x 6″ White – Dollar Tree
- Designer Series Paper – Magnolia Lane – 4″ x 6″
- Focal Image – Soft Suede CS – 3″ x 5″, cut with the die from Stitched Nested Labels.
- Sentiment – Whispe White CS – 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″. With the stamp from Woven Heirlooms, stamp the sentiment in Mossy Meadow. Die cut with the die from Stitched Nested Labels.
- Flowers – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 6 1/2″. With the stamp from Daisy Lane, stamp three of the medium daisys in Petal Pink. Punch the image with the Medium Daisy Punch. Petal Pink CS – punch six (6) medium daisys.
- Leaves – Mossy Meadow CS – punch 5 images with the Leaf Punch. Twist each peal with a tweezers.
- Butterflies – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″. Stamp the large butterfly from the Butterfly Wishes set in Soft Suede. Color in with the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend. Punch with the Butterfly Duet Punch.
- Flourishes – Mossy Meadow CS – 1 1/2″ x 3 3/4″, back the CS with Adhesive Sheet. Cut with the dies from Detailed Deer.
- Small Accent Flowers – Petal Pink CS – Scrap – cut with the dies from Detailed Deer.
I hope you consider visiting your local nursing home and sharing your time and talents. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!