Have you seen the Christmas Countdown Project Kit on page 38 of the Holiday Catalog? It makes a great Advent Calendar and countdown to the big day.
But, the opposite side, of the little boxes, can also be decorated to your heart’s desire. I decided that the flip side of mine would become my Random Acts of Kindness Countdown. What better way to commerate the month of thanks?
And as my little Random Acts of Kindness for you, I’m gifting you the two files I created for this project. Because you’ll need numbers for the little box drawers, I created a numbers file that you can easily punch with a 1″ circle punch. Random Acts of Kindness Numbers
The second file is a 2-page PDF with a Random Act of Kindness for each of the drawers. I used the Everyday Label Punch to punch these out. Random Acts of Kindness Verses
During the design process, my first task at hand was to choose my papers and layout for each. To make things easy for you, I’ve grouped each paper design with the corresponding numbers.
Using the Come to Gather DSP was an easy decision. I think the colors are calming and just bold enough for the Fall season. In that suite, we also have the Gather Together bundle. I used that to stamp and die cut the cute little pumpkin images. Here’s a closup of each of the 7 designs.
I’m going to give my grandchildren a box and I’m going to keep one. We are going to have a Random Acts of Kindness challenge. I think this is a great teaching moment and a chance for me to communicate a lesson of service.
All you’ll need to do is print my files on Whisper White card stock and punch them out. Fill your box and the countdown is on. I’ld love to hear from you, if you decide to create one. To make it super easy, I’ve even filmed a video for you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Box Mats – Come to Gather DSP – 1 15/16″ x 1 15/16″, trace the notch from one of the leftover panels from the Christmas Countdown Project kit. Punch the notch with a 1″ circle punch.
- Pretty Peacock with Leaves – 4
- Woodgrain – 4
- Merry Merlot w/leaves – 4
- Peacock Check – 3
- Dark Background w/Pumpkins – 3
- Light Background w/Pumpkins – 4
- Mini Pumpkins – 3
- Accent Strips – multi color check – four @ 1/2″ x 2″
- Accent Elements
- Wheat Stems – Cajun Craze CS – four @ 1″ x 3 1/2″ and Early Espresso CS – four @1″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the dies from Bouquet Bunch.
- Pumpkins – Cajun Craze CS – 1 1/2″ x 6″ – stamp four of the pumpkin images in Early Espresso with the stamp from Gather Together. Die cut with the coordinating die from Gathered Leaves.
- Leaf Punch – Pretty Peacock CS – punch four leaves
- Sprig Punch – Pretty Peacock CS – punch three sprigs
- Embossesd Leaves – Pretty Peacock CS – 3″ x 3 1/2″, spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist, die cut with the dies from Gathered Leaves.
- Bows – Pretty Peacock CS – 3 3/4″ x 1 1/4″, cut four with the die from Bouquet Bunch.
- Large Leaf – Cajun Craze CS – four @ 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the die from Seasonal Layers
- 1 1/8″ Scallop Circle Punch – Cajun Craze CS – punch 11; Pretty Peacock – punch 11; Early Espresso CS – punch 3.
- Pearls – four medium
- Copper Washi – 12″
- Come to Gather Ribbon – about 70″
- Numbers and Random Acts of Kindness
- Numbers – Whisper White CS – one sheet
- Random Acts of Kindness – Whisper White CS – two sheets
Random Acts of Kindness Product List
I’m so very excited to start my Random Acts of Kindness November 1st. I hope my grandkids really enjoy this. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!