Welcome! Have you seen the new Quite Curvy bundle sneak peeks? I’ve got another one for you today an it’s a fancy fold.
As soon as I saw the curvy leaf die, I knew I wanted to create a card using the Forever Greenery DSP. Did you know the DSP is currently on sale until October 31, 2020. It’s such a pretty, and very versatile, paper pack, you’ll want to have a couple of packages on hand.
Because I nested two of the curvy dies, I was able to achieve this unique edge detail on my Quite Curvy fancy fold. And all those little leaves that fall out, keep them. They will make fabulous shaker card bits. I’m storing mine in a empty embellishment container. Here’s a cute trick and technique to use with that curvy leaf die. Create a stencil, so that you can embellish your cards and envelopes.
By spritzing my cardstock with Champagne Shimmer Mist, I killed two birds with one stone. After the cardstock dried, I cut the image in the center. The bits that fell out were ready to use as shimmery little images scattered about my card. And now I had a stencil for decorating my envelope. I’m going to store the stencil in my stamp case for furture projects.
I love that the Quite Curvy stamp set has lots of sentiments to coordinate not only with the curvy dies, but just like this sweet little Hello. And did you notice that stinkin’ cute little bird. There are three bird images in the set, each with a different profile and look.
Because the stamp set is photopolymer you can bend and straighten the curvy stamps to fit your need. You know I’ve got you covered with a free video tutorial, right?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 10 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, cut the edge with the Curvy Dies, then trim to 10″, score @ 4 1/4″ and 8 1/2″. Voila, you have your fancy fold card base complete with a fancy curvy edge. Stamp the outside and inside sentiments in Pretty Peacock.
- Mats – Pretty Peacock CS – one @ 5 1/2″ x 2 1/4″ and one @ 5 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
- DSP Mats – Forever Greenery CS – one @ 5 1/2″ x 2″ and one @ 5 1/2″ x 1 1/4″
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 3″, stamp the branchy image, bird and Hello greeting in Pretty Peacock. Die cut the greeting with the die from the Stitched So Sweetly set. Color the branchy image and bird with the Pretty Peacock, Shaded Spruce and Soft SeaFoam Stampin Blends. Die cut with the dies from the Curvy die set.
- Small Leaves – Pretty Peacock CS – 3″ x 6″. You will use this piece of cardstock for your stencil as well. Spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist, allow to dry. Cut with the die from the Curvy die set. Save the small leaves to decorate your card. Use the stencil to roll Pretty Peacock ink onto your envelope.
- Sprigs – Pretty Peacock CS and Soft SeaFoam CS – one each @ 1″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the die from the Curvy die set.
- Gold Leaves – Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty Paper – three elements
- Envelope – Whisper White
- Ribbon – 3/8″ Reversible Ribbon – Pretty Peacock/Old Olive – 2 1/2″
Be sure to order your Quite Curvy bundle November 3, 2020, Item #154430.
Quite Curvy Fancy Fold Product List
I think you will really enjoy this unique new bundle. Be sure to check back soon, I’ve got a vintage version coming. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!