Welcome back!! Sorry, I’ve been a little absent, but you know, life happens. I think my Prized Peony Vintage Luxury Card will make up for my little absence.
OK, do you forgive me? I hope so, because I can’t wait to share the details of this card with you. I’ve even adapted a Happy Birthday version for my daughter. The Prized Peony Bundle includes a new type of die. I think it’s pretty revolutionary.
I know, I know, you’re saying that looks too difficult. Well, the best part is that it is super easy. And if you know me by now, you know I’m going to show you how to create with it, right? My color palette was dictated by the gorgeous Peony Garden Designer Series Paper. It’s an elegant color palette of Petal Pink, Gray Granite, and Whisper White.
Because the flower is made up of four individual die cuts, you are able to add lots of detail and dimension to your projects. I’ve inked the elements of the flower, in Petal Pink ink.
Nothing says vintage more than a pretty rolled rose. In today’s card, I’ll teach you how to turn a 1 1/2′ circle into a sweet little vintage rose.
Are you wondering what the lacy backdrop for the Prized Peony could be? Look at those dies in different ways. The Detailed Bands die turned into the lacy doily I needed. Next, let’s take at peak at the inside of the card.
Including a small bouquet of small peonies around the sentiment was the perfect addition to this card. I’ve stamped them in Petal Pink to set off the sentiment in Gray Granite. A special card needs a special envelope.
My tried and true envelope punch board came in handy. We don’t sell that tool any longer, but lots of you have it. And if you don’t, I’ll bet you can google that baby. Want to see this card come to life? I thought you would. Here’s my FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – 12″ x 12″ Whisper White CS – cut to 6″ x 12″ and scored @ 6″.
- Mats – Gray Granite CS – two @ 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″
- DSP Mats – Peony Garden DSP – one pattern @ 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and the prominent pattern @ 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Inside Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Large Flower Accent – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the die from Detailed Bands
- Prized Peony – Whisper Whtie CS – 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, cut the four dies for the peony with the Peony Dies.
- Peony Leaves & Stamen – Soft Sea Foam CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the Peony Dies.
- Sprigs – Gray Granite CS – 2″ x 5″, cut with the dies from the Butterfly Beauty die set.
- Butterflies & Swirl – Gray Granite CS – 1″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Butterfly Beauty die set.
- Rolled Rose – Petal Pink CS – 1 1/2″ circle punch
- Fold Accent Trim – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 5 1/4″, cut with the die from the Ornate Layers die set.
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – two @ 1 3/4″ x 3″, cut with the die from Hippo & Friends die set.
- Envelope – Whisper White CS – 10″ x 10″
- Basic Pearls – one, large
- Ribbon – Whisper White Crinkled Seam Bind – approximately 30″
Prized Peony Vintage Luxury Card Product List
WOW, I sure hope you enjoyed this one. I loved playing with the bundle. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!