The beautiful Art in Bloom Bundle was used to create today’s Pop-Up Vase Fancy Fold. Once you’ve learned how to create the mechanism, the rest is a breeze. The possibilities are endless. Hope you learn a technique or two along the way.
What could be better than to send a bouquet of flowers to a friend or family member? Not only that, this one will last forever. The Pop-Up Vase fancy fold will lie flat and fits in a standard size envelope for mailing. You will need a little extra postage, but it’s well worth it. Let’s start things off with the card front.
This one is pretty as is. And if you don’t want to add the pop-up vase, you don’t have too. I’m really loving the new Encircled In Beauty dies. That’s what I’ve used for my focal image.
Because I embossed the sweet little flowers from the Strawberry Builder punch with the Ornate Floral embossing folder, I was able to add lots of texture and interest to the petals. Ready to take a peek inside?
How unique and interesting, right? Who wouldn’t want to receive this card? I know I would be thrilled. I’ve used the Art in Bloom bundle to stamp, emboss and cut all those beautiful flowers.
By adding a few die cuts from the Forever Flourishing set, I was able to complete my floral arrangement and fill my vase with lots of color. Can you believe that the sweet little vase actually lies flat? I promise it really does.
Would you like to learn how to create the pop-up vase fancy fold? Sit back, relax and grab a beverage. You won’t want to miss all the details that went into today’s card.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Basic White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 4 1/4″
- Mats – Magenta Madness CS – one @ 4″ x 5 1/4″ and one @ 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- DSP Mat – Expressions in Ink DSP – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Focal Image – Basic White CS – 3 3/4″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the die from the Encircled in Beauty die set. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray.
- Small Flowers – Magenta Madness CS – 6 images with the Strawberry Builder Punch. Embossed with the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder.
- Small Leaves – Just Jade CS – 2 images with the Strawberry Builder Punch.
- Gold Foliage – Gold Specialty Paper – 6″ x 6″, cut 2 branches with the die from the Forever Flourishing die set. Cut four sets of leaves with the dies from the Bloom die set.
- Green Foliage – Just Jade CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″,cut one branch and four sprigs with the dies from the Forever Flourishing die set.
- Stamped Flowers – Basic White CS – two @ 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, stamp detail in Basic Gray and fill-in with So Saffron. Cut and emboss with the Bloom Hybrid embossing folder.
- Flower Stems – Just Jade CS – three @ 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score each in half @ 1/4″.
- Pink Foliage – Magenta Madness CS – 2 3/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from the Forever Flourishing die set.
- Inside Stamped Mat – Basic White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, stamped in Basic Gray.
- Pop-up Vase – Expressions in Ink DSP – 2 1/4″ x 5″, on the 5″ side score @ 1″ and 4″. Turn to the 2 1/4″ side and score @ 3/4″ and 1 1/2″, only to the 1″ score line. Do this on both ends.
- Vase Stopper – Basic White CS – 1/2″ x 2″
- Vase Mechanism – Basic White CS – 3/4″ x 3 7/8″, score one end @ 3/8″
- Metallic Pearls – Gold – 14
- Ribbon – Polished Pink – 6″
Pop-Up Vase Fancy Fold Product List
Who are you going to send a bouquet of flowers to today? Hope you give this one a try. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!